Congress Passes a Budget

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Story Link

It would also postpone for two years a requirement that meat and many other foods sold in stores have labels identifying the country they come from. With last month's discovery that a Washington state cow had mad cow disease, many Democrats hoped they had gained leverage that would let them remove the labeling delay, but the White House and House GOP leaders refused to budge.

Seriously, what's the reason to make it harder for meat purchasers to protect themselves?

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Every Senator who voted for that piece of **** bill should be hanged on the Capitol steps. Truly shameful demonstration of wasteful spending and screwing the little guy.

Bush seems to be doing everything he can now to pay back his buddies out of fear he might not be re-elected. If he could count votes he'd realize that bill will lose him millions of votes. The independents are going to desert him like rats leaving a sinking ship.

-Robert

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: chess9
Every Senator who voted for that piece of **** bill should be hanged on the Capitol steps. Truly shameful demonstration of wasteful spending and screwing the little guy.

Bush seems to be doing everything he can now to pay back his buddies out of fear he might not be re-elected. If he could count votes he'd realize that bill will lose him millions of votes. The independents are going to desert him like rats leaving a sinking ship.

-Robert

And change their vote to "I can spend more than Bush, I'll just tax more" Kerry?

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: alchemize

-Robert

And change their vote to "I can spend more than Bush, I'll just tax more" Kerry?

Bush is spending out of control. I don't think Kerry would spend more. He would still have to fight with GOP congress, and I would rather see politicians fighting than in harmony blowing taxpayer money like this GOP government is doing.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
I'm not certain even Kerry could spend as much as Bush has spent. He might just take it out of the military budget. :) But, you are directing that little notion to the wrong guy anyway. I can't stand Kerry. I'll have to hold my nose to vote for the guy as it is. My wife is ranting and raving today about this bill taking away her overtime pay (which wasn't that much this year, actually) and her girlfriend the paralegal is coming over Saturday night for a party so I'm sure I will hear an earful about OT pay. :) That woman's got 4 kids. Sheezh.... Next year could be rough for her family.

-Robert

DanJ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Great, even more relaxed restrictions on media ownership....

c'mon clear channel! :disgust:

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
The independents are going to desert him like rats leaving a sinking ship.
Well some us Independents believe we are at least lemur level.

Hopefully, new leadership at FDA, EPA, USDA, Interior, DOD, DOJ, SEC, and FCC will fix much of what Bush has broken.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
BBD:

Uh, yes, trite phrases are like cockroaches. They just slip into your writing in the dead of night and before you know it you start sounding like Reagan. :) Maybe it's all those immigration bills I read yesterday? Egad, the thought....

But I don't know from independent, 'cause I'm a COMMIE MORON. :)

-Robert

wkabel23

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 2003
Bush is a like a 16 year old teenage girl in a mall with her parent's credit card...

And why delay the thing about the meat labels? I guess Bush must have some friends in the meat industry.

rolleye.gif

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
I'm not certain even Kerry could spend as much as Bush has spent.
-Robert

Well, he's certainly going to give it the old college try. Two minutes on his website reveals he wants to spend more on veterans' health care, education, and homeland security, along with everything else. He also wants to expand healthcare to cover 96% of Americans; a noble idea, but that can't be cheap. Of course, he'll pay for all this with tax hikes on the rich, assuming adequate numbers of both houses of Congress are feeling sufficiently suicidal regarding their political careers to pass such hikes. Yeah, that'll happen....

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
Originally posted by: alchemize

-Robert

When did Kerry say he wants to increase taxes on the lower to middle class? I know he wants to repeal some of the Bush Tax cuts, but not the ones that effected lower to middle class citizens. Maybe I missed it, but that's the way I've read it to be.