Congratulations to President Trump for presiding over job growth ALMOST as good as President Obama's

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Why are you trying to make the conversation about Obama? I’ve noticed a push since the Mueller report to shift the conversation to the economy, and who gets “credit” for it.

It’s the truth you want to believe. Yes, there has been a decade long upswing, what specific policies of any President directly contributed to it?

To the person with no employment prospects, that job is not hollow

Not selfish at all. Trump won because he was attentive to blue collar regions of the country long neglected, and there are some indicators of economic benefit and tax relief. Again, we can debate the sustainability or merits of those policies.
The truth lies in the numbers. Use your eyeballs and look for yourself instead of reflexively believing Trump.

Or are you one of those people?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
The truth lies in the numbers. Use your eyeballs and look for yourself instead of reflexively believing Trump.

Or are you one of those people?
I don’t believe Trump. I do believe the articles I linked from 538, Forbes and The Atlantic that tell a different story than your assertion.

I don’t know who those people are, maybe your TDS is progressing into the paranoia phase.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I don’t believe Trump. I do believe the articles I linked from 538, Forbes and The Atlantic that tell a different story than your assertion.

I don’t know who those people are, maybe your TDS is progressing into the paranoia phase.
Your articles are an interpretation of the numbers. Nowhere in the stories does it assert Trump turned the economy around or the economy was a disaster under Obama.

That is my point. Just the truth not the Trump version.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Your articles are an interpretation of the numbers. Nowhere in the stories does it assert Trump turned the economy around or the economy was a disaster under Obama.

That is my point. Just the truth not the Trump version.
The truth is that neither Obama nor Trump can fully claim the trajectory of the economy. The economy was not a disaster under Obama nor has it been a resounding success under Trump. Each President was able to move things at a micro level.

The truth is that the economy has been phenomenal for a small percentage of the population, with an increasing number of people left behind.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Why are you trying to make the conversation about Obama? I’ve noticed a push since the Mueller report to shift the conversation to the economy, and who gets “credit” for it.

Huh? That conversation has been happening since ~2017 when Trump stumbled into office claiming that the previous 8 years of titanic disaster and doom and gloom and cannibalism in the streets was all suddenly erased because of his divine appointment.

Trump has been claiming that he alone fixed everything, despite it all being very-well fixed long before him. Why is it suddenly "a new thing because of Mueller?" ...oh, you mean because it's something we are talking about in this thread?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

You know who those people are. They're the same people demanding an apology for the "Russian conspiracy" after Barr released his 4 pages of bs

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Huh? That conversation has been happening since ~2017 when Trump stumbled into office claiming that the previous 8 years of titanic disaster and doom and gloom and cannibalism in the streets was all suddenly erased because of his divine appointment.

Trump has been claiming that he alone fixed everything, despite it all being very-well fixed long before him. Why is it suddenly "a new thing because of Mueller?" ...oh, you mean because it's something we are talking about in this thread?
There has been a recent journalistic surge to the “Trump economy”.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The truth is that neither Obama nor Trump can fully claim the trajectory of the economy. The economy was not a disaster under Obama nor has it been a resounding success under Trump. Each President was able to move things at a micro level.

The truth is that the economy has been phenomenal for a small percentage of the population, with an increasing number of people left behind.
While Presidents can't control the economy they damn sure can effect it.

Trump alone by his big mouth has caused numerous stock drops.
Deregulation was primarily responsible for the economic meltdown in 2007

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Not selfish at all. Trump won because he was attentive to blue collar regions of the country long neglected, and there are some indicators of economic benefit and tax relief. Again, we can debate the sustainability or merits of those policies.

Obviously. I mean he did put on a hard hat and make little shovel-y motions. As if that would bring back dead coal. Meanwhile he badmouths an actual growth industry in green energy by saying windmills give you cancer.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
While Presidents can't control the economy they damn sure can effect it.

Trump alone by his big mouth has caused numerous stock drops.
Deregulation was primarily responsible for the economic meltdown in 2007
Markets tend to favor stability, but Trump thrives on chaos. The latest Chinese tariffs are a perfect example.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Obviously. I mean he did put on a hard hat and make little shovel-y motions. As if that would bring back dead coal. Meanwhile he badmouths an actual growth industry in green energy by saying windmills give you cancer.
Trump grabs hold of every poorly informed opinion and amplifies it. People near windmill farms do complain of ailments, so let’s take that and irresponsibly validate it with a bizarre tweet.