Congrats climate changers: your efforts are making poll #s go down

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Keep up the great work guys. Support for your ideas has a negative correlation to how you "inform" people. Hell, who needs "deniers" when you guys are doing the job far better anyway of convincing people that you should be completely ignored.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-34900474

_86831847_poll2.jpg

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Hey, our village idiot is in Paris right now to participate in the next dumb scam....

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Hey, our village idiot is in Paris right now to participate in the next dumb scam....
It's all rooted in his quest to live up to his pappy's dream of ending colonialism. Obama sees an opportunity in nearly everything to make the U.S. pay for he perceives as it's transgressions.

Fortunately this summit will amount to nothing as is the norm.

Last edited:

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Keep up the great work guys. Support for your ideas has a negative correlation to how you "inform" people. Hell, who needs "deniers" when you guys are doing the job far better anyway of convincing people that you should be completely ignored.

People as a whole are far brighter that the ego's of the progressive left will allow them to believe. People in general recognize bullshit when they hear it. What they do about it is another matter.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

I'm not sure which nutter propaganda source fed you that link (and told you what to think about it), but it's clear you didn't actually read the article. There is literally nothing in it to support your claim that the efforts of "climate changers" [sic] is causing a drop in public support. Instead, the article suggests it's due to public attention shifting to terrorism and economic problems. Regardless, it's an interesting article in spite of your dishonest spin.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
I'm not sure which nutter propaganda source fed you that link (and told you what to think about it), but it's clear you didn't actually read the article. There is literally nothing in it to support your claim that the efforts of "climate changers" [sic] is causing a drop in public support. Instead, the article suggests it's due to public attention shifting to terrorism and economic problems. Regardless, it's an interesting article in spite of your dishonest spin.

Sure, I'm happy to go with your spin and change the title to "Climate Change worriers completely incompetent at changing world opinion despite best efforts and monthly 'MMYY was the hottest month ever' threads on countless talk forums and social media; watch helplessly as voters increasingly reject their policies instead choosing to focus on actual problems like terrorism and the keeping their economy from being fucked over by environmentalists and their concerns about carbon."

That better?

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Sure, I'm happy to go with your spin and change the title to "Climate Change worriers completely incompetent at changing world opinion despite best efforts and monthly 'MMYY was the hottest month ever' threads on countless talk forums and social media; watch helplessly as voters increasingly reject their policies instead choosing to focus on actual problems like terrorism and the keeping their economy from being fucked over by environmentalists and their concerns about carbon."

That better?
I'd pick an honest title, but that's me. YMMV.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
If polls trend more towards denial that's a function of self interested propaganda on the part of fossil fuel providers.

Nature changed the climate over hundreds of millions of years by sequestering atmospheric CO2 into the earth. Denial is based on the proposition that putting all that CO2, a greenhouse gas, back into the atmosphere over a few hundred years will have no effect.

I realize that the effect is largely unpredictable but it obviously won't be nothing.

Figure it out, guys. Ask yourself this question- "What if my enemies are right?"

If my enemies are right & nothing happens, then we've used finite resources at a more efficient rate, a gift to future generations.

If deniers' enemies are right, we're creating an enormous tragedy of the commons that is basically irreversible.

It's remarkable that the conservative message in all of this isn't about conserving anything but rather about promoting inefficiency of use with higher production & greater profit for multinational energy giants. That's apparently the aspect of it all that must be preserved regardless of unintended consequences.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Just imagine if the scientific claim about global warming were that it is caused by Muslims.

In order for the CBD to believe in something it has to be emotionally appealing. The CBD is mentally geared up to blame the other but never the self. What the CBD Thinks when he hears MGW, is me made global warming not man made but if it were Muslim made global warming, now that would be OK. And the answer, of course, is that we need to spend whatever it takes to destroy them.

CBDs are a threat to the human race. The defect they have is insanity. Anybody not infected with this defect can easily see that. It is a defect that causes introspective blindness, an imperviousness to reality and a total conviction in the truth of an altered reality. The poor sick bastards don't have a chance, but can they ever dance.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013

That is interesting. I have to wonder what the support will be a few years from now, when the costs of just the EPA regs are really truly felt. I certainly do not look forward to the extra $2000 or so I will be paying for energy and unknown $ due to forced inflation costs on everything from food to cars. I am sure China is more excited about the upcoming changes than anybody. I assume China will be the only manufacturing country left after we complete the job of incinerating all manufacturing in the USA.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Around here, anyway, most deniers have shallow headsets. All they want is cheaper gas & bigger pickups. The end. Anything counter to that is to be ignored.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
It would be wonderful if we did more about climate change. I'd love it if there were fewer cars on the road. Get the plebs on the bus where they belong and out of my way.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That is interesting. I have to wonder what the support will be a few years from now, when the costs of just the EPA regs are really truly felt. I certainly do not look forward to the extra $2000 or so I will be paying for energy and unknown $ due to forced inflation costs on everything from food to cars. I am sure China is more excited about the upcoming changes than anybody. I assume China will be the only manufacturing country left after we complete the job of incinerating all manufacturing in the USA.

We won't know the results & costs until we get there regardless of speculative nay-saying.

Conflating issues won't lend any clarity, either.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Around here, anyway, most deniers have shallow headsets. All they want is cheaper gas & bigger pickups. The end. Anything counter to that is to be ignored.

I hate to let on that I want a pickup, but the Dodge Ram diesel gets pretty good mileage.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000

Dig into the poll a bit more to get to the good stuff:

But just one in five Americans supported increasing taxes on electricity as a means of fighting global warming; six in ten were strongly opposed including 49 percent of Democrats. And support was not much higher for increasing gasoline taxes, at 36 percent overall.

So it seems the general public has adopted normal progressive 'collective action problem' model of generalized support for ambiguous policies so long as it has minimal economic impact to them personally and some other undefined "rich" people or company will pay for it.

stormkroe

Golden Member
May 28, 2011
I hate to let on that I want a pickup, but the Dodge Ram diesel gets pretty good mileage.

Both my work f350 diesels get 21 to 23 canuckistanian MPG on the highway, pretty good for an 8500lb vehicle with over 1000lbs of material on top. A single cab, short bed, 2wd would be amazing.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Dig into the poll a bit more to get to the good stuff:

So it seems the general public has adopted normal progressive 'collective action problem' model of generalized support for ambiguous policies so long as it has minimal economic impact to them personally and some other undefined "rich" people or company will pay for it.
Plus, it's a NYT/CBS poll done after Obama pleaded with the media to start taking his side more often. I read all the poll questions after drilling through several links. The title itself is a conclusion made by the authors not one based upon that specific question being asked.

The .gov wants people to think something, the media complies based on adoration and lo and behold, "facts" are produced to further an agenda. We are living in the U.S., right?