Confusion on uninstalling NVIDIA drivers then reinstalling

Matt_Stevens

Dec 17, 2009
Greetings, I am having a strange C++ error when trying to update my NVIDIA drivers. I cannot use my Nvidia Control Panel due to this so from what i read I need to uninstall all of my Nvidia display drivers and start from scratch.

Okay, but I have a lot of Nvidia drivers in my control panel. Including audio. So here is what I have...

nvidia_contropanel.jpg

Which of these should I remove? Just the first two? Do I really need whatever Nvidia Update 1.11.3 is?

Should I go into Windows Safe Mode to do the uninstall? I have Windows 7 64bit.

I already downloaded the latest driver from Nvidia, which is 337.88. So I'll be ready to install once the old drivers are ba-bye.

Thanks for the advice. I really don't want to screw this up. I've done it (screw it up) before and it was such a mess it took over a week to fix.

imaheadcase

Diamond Member
May 9, 2005
You don't need to uninstall old drivers, program installer removes old ones before it installs new ones. It will update all those files you have. Just run the installer and follow prompts.

Deders

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2012
Have you got both sets (x86 and x64) of the latest C++ libraries installed?

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
Make sure when you upgrade to the newest drivers that you pick 'custom installation' and then check the box that says 'clean install'.

This way it removes all old drivers for you and installs the latest automatically. :)