Confusing network problem

OnionsDude

Aug 23, 2015
Hello all,

So I recently was trying to get online. I am connected; My router and modem says I am, I can download some things. I can access minecraft.

But I cannot access Steam, Origin, Chrome, Explorer, or Teamspeak.

I can try and try to login; It says I have a network issue. Yet when I go play on minecraft (this leads me to believe it's a port issue) It works.

So quite literally, I have nothing to play but minecraft. Can't even access the old CoD4 servers or lists because of this issue.

Please Help.

P.S.
I have been having an instance where multiple times after boot a taskeng.exe window pops up, stays up for a few seconds, and then closes.

AnonymouseUser

Diamond Member
May 14, 2003
Is this a new setup (eg, moved, changed ISP, new hardware, etc), or the problems just started recently on a previously working setup? If previously working, have you changed any configuration settings recently? What modem, router, ISP, and OS?

Try booting into safe mode w/networking and see if IE and/or Chrome works. If you have a spare USB flash drive, you could try booting into a Linux Live USB (I recommend MacPup for size and ease of use) and see if that works as this eliminates OS issues.

OnionsDude

Aug 23, 2015
This is a previously working setup, I am using century link, both modem and router are Netgear, and I am currently running Windows 7; no config settings changed.

The one thing that has changed recently is the fact that my Norton AV stopped working... I've had no luck uninstalling.

I will try your suggestions, see if that helps with discovering problems.

NortonSupport

Dec 10, 2013
This is a previously working setup, I am using century link, both modem and router are Netgear, and I am currently running Windows 7; no config settings changed.

The one thing that has changed recently is the fact that my Norton AV stopped working... I've had no luck uninstalling.

I will try your suggestions, see if that helps with discovering problems.

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried to reinstall Norton on the PC and check the status? Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks!

Dinesh
Norton Support