Conflicted...

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
I have an iPhone 7+, a Pixel XL, Le Pro3, and a bent iPhone 6...

Think I'm sending the bent iPhone 6 (kid bent it, not me, I treat my stuff better, never broken a screen etc) off for a replacement back housing and fresh battery for $90 and selling everything else.

Only reservation is am thinking of keeping the pixel and getting a VR headset.

Thoughts?

MarkizSchnitzel

Nov 10, 2013
You have 4 phones already, and you are thinking of repairing the broken one and keeping that?

That makes no sense to me.

core2slow

Mar 7, 2008
i love it when people get conflicted over some trivial sh!ts lol

Pixels are ugly and VR is a niche paperweight right now, so there's my .02c.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Keep the Pixel.

Repair the 6, sell it.

Sell the rest.

Buy the iPhone 8 when it launches.

dark zero

Platinum Member
Jun 2, 2015
LePro 3 seems to be more powerful than Pixel.... seeing how Google treated the Nexus... and get the iPhone 8 and sell them all.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Sounds to me like beyond conflicted, you're just bored. You have a selection of the current smartphone tech (far beyond the average Joe who makes do with 1 device)...

...and it's all fairly meh.

I get it because I feel a similar boredom with smartphone tech right now. Nothing is all that interesting. 2016 was a bust year for tech in a lot of ways. The N7 Titanic went down. Removed features, lacking design, whoops spyware, and "meh, it's good enough," sailed through to victory.

Here's hoping 2017 brings some choices exciting enough you wouldn't think of ditching them.

Kazukian

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2016
Sounds to me like beyond conflicted, you're just bored. You have a selection of the current smartphone tech (far beyond the average Joe who makes do with 1 device)...

...and it's all fairly meh.

I get it because I feel a similar boredom with smartphone tech right now. Nothing is all that interesting. 2016 was a bust year for tech in a lot of ways. The N7 Titanic went down. Removed features, lacking design, whoops spyware, and "meh, it's good enough," sailed through to victory.

Here's hoping 2017 brings some choices exciting enough you wouldn't think of ditching them.

Exactly. They're all competent phones, I can get by with the 6 (with a custom black rear shell and black buttons and a fresh battery)