(Confirmed) Vote Tampering In North Carolina

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I’ve always thought the same in person voter fraud is excessively complicated
Let’s assume a person has a list of people & addresses that are guaranteed to not show up to vote. This is crazy complicated but we’ll assume there is some sort of method that nobody has figured out.
You have to wait at least 10 minutes between parking, getting in line to have a ballot, voting, then heading back to your car. You have to average at least 15 minutes per location. Thats 2 votes per hour, we’ll bump that up to 3 because the fraudster has an absolute perfect plan. Voting is open for 12 hours. Thats 36 votes.
Aweful lot of work to cast 36 votes. Makes no sense when mail in votes could result in hundreds of votes.
Let me translate, widespread in person voter fraud has always been bullshit. Used as an excuse to block the minority vote.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
New election has been declared.

Do over
Now the new trick will be for some Roger Stone type of guy to cast a handful for fraudulent votes for a Democrat just in case a do over us required.

This do over is great and all and the guy shouldnt have tried to manipulate the vote or violated campaign finance laws to pay for vote manipulation but what really are the people of his district supposed to do?

The voters have spoken and they picked the republican fair and square. Plus I head AOC bought her boyfriend a luxury car using her government email so really aren’t both sides the same?

These voters should take this do over as a chance to show the NC Republican Party that they don’t need to mess to with the vote. That the voters will always vote overwhelmingly for them no matter what.

How did I do?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I feel like a new election shouldn’t even be a thing, it should simply be awarded to his opponent since it appears the level of proveable fraud exceeds the margin between the candidates.

Think about the incentives otherwise. If you just have a new election that means if you cheat and nobody notices you win. If you get caught the penalty is just a do-over. That gives parties a strong incentive to cheat.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I feel like a new election shouldn’t even be a thing, it should simply be awarded to his opponent since it appears the level of proveable fraud exceeds the margin between the candidates.

Think about the incentives otherwise. If you just have a new election that means if you cheat and nobody notices you win. If you get caught the penalty is just a do-over. That gives parties a strong incentive to cheat.

exactly. one opponent committed fraud....I'd go so far as treason considering it violates the central pillar of our supposed democratic republic, and there is no reason to give this party--which has in this case been shown to have engaged in these very same tactics in previous elections--another chance.

Last edited:

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999

It would be the just and honorable way to proceed. So I'm sure the GOP will fight against it all the way.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013

At the very least Harris shouldn't be allowed to run against McCready.

If I'm McCready I'm going to argue in the do-over campaign that Harris hired someone for his campaign whom he knew had a history of cheating, and did so over the express warning of his own son. Which means Harris probably wanted him to cheat even if he never specifically asked him to.

I hope this means McCready wins the do-over but my faith in humanity is at an all time low.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
At the very least Harris shouldn't be allowed to run against McCready.

If I'm McCready I'm going to argue in the do-over campaign that Harris hired someone for his campaign whom he knew had a history of cheating, and did so over the express warning of his own son. Which means Harris probably wanted him to cheat even if he never specifically asked him to.

I hope this means McCready wins the do-over but my faith in humanity is at an all time low.

What sucks is that Harris not running is probably best for Republicans. It comes back to my previous point where parties have an incentive to cheat.

Sure, it probably hurts Republicans to replace him, but probably not that much.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

"seems i was caught robbing the liquor store. let's just have a do-over from the time i approach the cash register"

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
The balls on this fucking guy.

Yesterday holding back from crying, son gets up on stand and says his dad knew about this, they exchanged emails about it, and says that didn't want to be involved in it and his dad shouldn't be either. *Presents emails*.

Today: Dad gets on stand: I don't really remember these messages and my son is judgmental and a little arrogant at times.

Fuck that guy. Guess who's not getting a fathers day gift this year.

Oh cmon, he had a pair of strokes and has trouble recalling things. Except that his son has been judgemental and arrogant at times, occurrences not stretching back as far are curiously obscure and hazy.

Well NC residents voting for 9th district, it seems you have reasons both ethical and medical to drop this bastard like a bad habit. This looks like your Alabama moment coming up. Good luck.

And damn straight eski; I've been asking that out loud to Trumpers for awhile now. Have yet to get a real answer that doesn't involve "deep state" being assisted by media conspiracies, if I get an answer at all.

Over 868 voting stations closed in the South before the 2016 election. Trump eliminated the role of CyberSecurity czar, wants hamfisted responses and ability to preemptively attack. Takes Putin's word over the consensus of entire intel community. There's no defending this sick shit. Show me a person who still votes R and I'll show you a lousy American. Take your party before country crap and pound it banana republicans.

Last edited:

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Oh cmon, he had a pair of strokes and has trouble recalling things. Except that his son has been judgemental and arrogant at times, occurrences not stretching back as far are curiously obscure and hazy.

Well NC residents voting for 9th district, it seems you have reasons both ethical and medical to drop this bastard like a bad habit. This looks like your Alabama moment coming up. Good luck.

And damn straight eski; I've been asking that out loud to Trumpers for awhile now. Have yet to get a real answer that doesn't involve "deep state" being assisted by media conspiracies, if I get an answer at all.

Over 868 voting stations closed in the South before the 2016 election. Trump eliminated the role of CyberSecurity czar, wants hamfisted responses and ability to preemptively attack. Takes Putin's word over the consensus of entire intel community. There's no defending this sick shit. Show me a person who still votes R and I'll show you a lousy American. Take your party before country crap and pound it banana republicans.

Don't forget he had a sepsis infection from d i v e r t i c u l i t i s.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Why should Republicans be allowed to rerun the primaries so they can get a sanitized candidate?

Just rerun the general election with the same 2 people and do it within 60 days.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Why should Republicans be allowed to rerun the primaries so they can get a sanitized candidate?

Just rerun the general election with the same 2 people and do it within 60 days.
probably because the primary looks tainted too

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I wonder what new tricks the NC GOP will pull outta their bag for the 2020 election.

Your might have missed it but the republican controlled legislature rammed a bill through recently that if a new election is called for then there will be new primaries as well. A cynical calculation to give them the best chance to win this seat. Thus they will be able to run a new candidate, both untainted and outraged by the type of voter fraud his predecessor did.

On the positive side the local DA is now investigating filing criminal charges.

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
This is why disillusioned Independents like me are so disgusted with politics. Republicans and Democrats need to stop tampering with votes and run a clean campaign.

They should run new candidates. And yes, voter fraud is real, and they are always stories about in urban areas. It needs to be addressed. Period.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
This is why disillusioned Independents like me are so disgusted with politics. Republicans and Democrats need to stop tampering with votes and run a clean campaign.

They should run new candidates. And yes, voter fraud is real, and they are always stories about in urban areas. It needs to be addressed. Period.

lol.

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016

You just don't want to realize that the Democratic Party does shenanigans as well. There is a reason why the Democratic Party runs most of the urban enclaves in America, there is a Democratic machine. There is no Republican machine in the cities.