Question Configure gaming PC correctly

_Dave_

Dec 12, 2021
I have put together a gaming PC. But unfortunately I am not very good at configuring it correctly. I would like to get the best performance out of my computer. Can anyone help me with this?

So you know what hardware I have, I can very gladly send a few screenshots. Don't worry, I have experience in the computer world, but unfortunately not enough.

Specific info:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X (AM4, 3.70 GHz, 12 -Core)

CPU Cooling: NZXT Kraken X63 (5.50 cm)

GPU: GeForce GTX 1070

Motherboard: ASUS Rog Crosshair VIII Hero WI-FI (AM4, AMD X570, ATX)

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z (2 x 8GB, DDR4-3200, DIMM 288 pin)

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7 C27G74TQSU (27 ", 2560 x 1440 pixels)

I know my RAM and GPU could be better, currently not possible

Moved to computer building.

AT Mod Usandthem

Last edited by a moderator:

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Might be better to post this in the general hardware/computer building forum:

Your CPU is more than enough to drive that system in games given your dGPU. You will not need to do anything specifically to it other than maybe select the High Performance power plain in Windows. I don't think you even need to use the Ryzen-specific Power Plans anymore, though it certainly wouldn't hurt you to try them.

Reactions: _Dave_ and Markfw

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
While I have your attention, would upgrading a G6400 Pentium Gold w/XFX DD RX 5700 non-XT, to a 10400 (non-F) make it into a reasonable gaming PC? Hoping to upgrade it to sell soon.

It's in a nifty tempered-glass / Aluminum ITX case with an ITX B460 mobo. Will probably have to drop in some more storage though, I think that it only has a 256GB NVMe right now.

_Dave_

Dec 12, 2021
Thank you for the quick feedback.

I have made this setting for Windows, as well as for the GPU. I'm wondering all this because I'm currently playing the new Battlefield and not getting more FPS than 60. I know with a GTX 1070 it may not be possible to get above 100 FPS, but I can't imagine not getting 80 FPS.

I have the monitor set to 240 Hrz. and 2k. Then still Adaptive sync (G-Sync compatible). In the Nvidia settings I have disabled v-Sync.

Overclock I have not yet made. If I can get better perfomance out of the graphics card that would be great. Do you have any ideas? Or do I even have to renew my RAM?

Attachments

• Specs.png
    Specs.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 6