Condoleeza Rice accuses Iran of spreading "violent extremism" across the Middle East

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/200...pl_nm/iran_usa_rice_dc

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Tuesday accused Iran of spreading "violent extremism" across the Middle East and said a strong Palestinian state could act as a bulwark against this threat.

Rice said a strong Palestinian state, where Israel's security was assured, would counter a rise of extremism across the region that was being spurred on by Iran's actions.

"A responsible Palestinian state can be a bulwark against that threat (of extremism)," said Rice. "This makes the two-state solution more urgent than ever," she added.

Serioulsy, she does a better job when she keeps her mouth shut.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
No one trusts Condi Rice any more. We are talking the little boy who cried wolf's handmaden.
Not even Israel will give Condi the time of day on what amounts to her last chance to achieve anything.

Everyone except GWB and Condi know that Fatah can't claim to represent the Palestinian people and any peace negotiations based on that are doomed from the start.

And if Condi can't even get Israel to even set an agenda, why should any Arab States even bother to attend what amounts to a rigged charade. And now a lame duck Condi tries to beat a dead horse while pretending she matters any more. It may play domestically in Peoria only among pea brains, but in the Mid-east among Arabs, forget it.

Aimster

Lifer
Jan 5, 2003
Why does the Bush administration sound just like the mullah's that run Iran?

Hell I miss Baghdad Bob. At least he was fun to listen to.

Sinsear

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2007
Originally posted by: Aimster

He most definitely was; I used to lol everytime he was on tv.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Aimster

Yeah, he was great.

Hopefully one of these days the US will bi@tch slap Israel into shape, it would go a long way in the Arab street.

Iran will implode from within, thankfully.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Baghdad Bob never made it onto a deck on playing cards, even as the joker. And was never prosecuted by the USA. He is now retired and living I forget where.

We do wonder what will happen to Condi Rice but I doubt she will be seen as a figure of mere comic relief. The US has jailed a few former Attorney Generals, but a Secretary of State might set a precedent.