Condoleeza Rice 2008?

Dec 27, 2001
What do you think of Condoleeza Rice running for President in 2008? I'm asking because I honestly would like opinions. All I know about her is her biography which is just about the most impressive I've ever seen. As far as I know, she's a social moderate republican, has served under two republican administrations, and has never served in elected office.

IamDavid

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
This is funny. I was telling my family she would be the first female and black president over a year ago.. They told me I was nuts.. I for one would vote for her in a second.. She is way more qualified then even GW..

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Isn't shee the one that read the CIA reports about potential airline attacks on US buildings and then claimed we never dreamed of such an attack. I guess we could just check the records on what they knew and when they knew it. Oh, that's right. Classified, to protect Bush in the election. The most secretive anmin in history. So sad. Rice would be a disaster as President. No character. Just a sheeple.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
I like rice with soy sauce and butter some steamed veggies.

Not that this will set any president

IamDavid

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Isn't shee the one that read the CIA reports about potential airline attacks on US buildings and then claimed we never dreamed of such an attack. I guess we could just check the records on what they knew and when they knew it. Oh, that's right. Classified, to protect Bush in the election. The most secretive anmin in history. So sad. Rice would be a disaster as President. No character. Just a sheeple.

As opposed to Gore? A pathetic weasel who sold his integrity for a few bucks..

"There is no legal controlling authority".. The man is as bad as Clinton, even worse if ya think about it.. Clinton was just a horn dog..
The Bush administration is to secretive but after the Clinton crap I can hardly blame them.. The press and Ken Star did a terrible dis service to the country.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
I think Bush has effectively torpedoed two of the best GOP candidates for 2008. Powell and Rice will be forever linked with the Bush Oil War and phantom WMD. Powell is too moderate to win a GOP primary anyway. Rice is definitely a hawk but she's no necon and is at best a right of center moderate on social issues. She's a black, northern CA Republican that supports affirmative action . . .

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
No, you my freind, are the San Francisco Tweet
---------------
Well at least he didn't say Sweet.

-------------------
As opposed to Gore? A pathetic weasel who sold his integrity for a few bucks..
-----------------------
IamDavid, you pathetic weasel, where's your examples of Gore selling his integrity?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
No, you my freind, are the San Francisco Tweet
---------------
Well at least he didn't say Sweet.

I wanted to replace the vowels with a stright one but it would have lost the rice-a-roni theme. ;)

CkG

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
She'd be better than Bush. Of course that's really not saying much about her. I am impressed with her and I think that she is Dubya's biggest asset..his saving grace (if he has one)

ConclamoLudus

Jan 16, 2003
She's a babe. And single too. I'd be interested in knowing more about her. She wouldn't carry the hard-liners on either sides of the aisle, which in my opinion would be for the better. Hard-line dems wouldn't vote for a black woman republican because they they don't own her. Hard-line reps wouldn't vote for a black woman. She'd get a lot of moderates though.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: ConclamoLudus
She's a babe. And single too. I'd be interested in knowing more about her. She wouldn't carry the hard-liners on either sides of the aisle, which in my opinion would be for the better. Hard-line dems wouldn't vote for a black woman republican because they they don't own her. Hard-line reps wouldn't vote for a black woman. She'd get a lot of moderates though.

Woah! I'm even more impressed. I think she is overqualified for the job.

ConclamoLudus

Jan 16, 2003
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Originally posted by: ConclamoLudus

Woah! I'm even more impressed. I think she is overqualified for the job.

She's got one hell of a resume.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: IamDavid
This is funny. I was telling my family she would be the first female and black president over a year ago.. They told me I was nuts.. I for one would vote for her in a second.. She is way more qualified then even GW..

id vote for her too

D

Deleted member 4644

Eh... she is ok. There are a lot of women I'd rather vote for though. We dont need a women who specializes in international affairs right now... we might need a woman who is good at domestic though (like the head of HP?)

Bush has caused/ignored/whatever-you-wanna-call-it bigger problems at home than abroad... as far as I can tell at least.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Bush has caused/ignored/whatever-you-wanna-call-it bigger problems at home than abroad... as far as I can tell at least.
----------------------------
PLEASE DON'T FOCUS ON THE ECONOMY, FOCUS ON THE WAR.

Macro2

Diamond Member
May 20, 2000
What do you bet Jesse Jackson and Harry Belafonte would would still call her a Masters...something or other...

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Macro2
What do you bet Jesse Jackson and Harry Belafonte would would still call her a Masters...something or other...

She would be a house slave for the republican party after all she is still in the "white" house

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Hillary will manhandle Rice like she is Paula Jones. Seriously, I don't see what the big deal about Rice is, and I am working on my degree from Stanford.
The Republicans would never nominate her anyways, cus she probably wouldn't pass all their lithmus tests.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Black and Republican = money. Imagine a liberal uncle Clarence Who (Tom Ass). The Republicans would have laughed him out of the hearings. Affirmative action in action there, unc?