Computer turns on but screen stays black

Reykor

Aug 24, 2013
Hello everyone. So I turn on my computer, I hear the fans working and everything but the screen stays black, and as soon as I hit the power button, the computer immediately shuts off, meaning it didn't boot. It doesn't even get to the motherboard screen/image. Any suggestions?
My specs are:
i5 2500k
Corsair 650w psu
Gigabyte radeon hd 6870
8gb ram
Gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3 motherboard

denis280

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2011
When you boot.do you get beep sound.if you unplug the monitor is it showing no signal on screen.

Reykor

Aug 24, 2013
When you boot.do you get beep sound.if you unplug the monitor is it showing no signal on screen.

I do not get any beeps. When I have the hdmi cable hooked to both the computer and the monitor, it does not show no signal, but when I disconnect from one of them, I get the no signal notification.

Reykor

Aug 24, 2013
It's not new, I have it for about a year now. It was working fine before, however, my video card fans stopped working, so I took the video card out of my case and fixed it, but when I put it back on, this happened.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Remove your video card, reset the cmos, plug your video cable into the onboard graphics, and see what happens when you start it.

You could do these one at a time, but I would rather do what I can just to get it running first. After that, we can troubleshoot the culprit.

Reykor

Aug 24, 2013
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. So today morning I tried to turn it on, and it worked, without changing a thing. I'll use it and report if something bad happens.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. So today morning I tried to turn it on, and it worked, without changing a thing. I'll use it and report if something bad happens.

Fingers crossed.