Computer turns on but no Video power

jjj807

Jun 20, 2004
So lately ive been noticing that sometimes when i turn on my computer the monitor doesnt go on but the computer turns on but does not beep. I tried the monitor on another PC to be sure it wasnt that and it wasnt.

When i unplug the computer and reseat the power pin connectors to the videocard and ATX 12v and CPU 12v the computer sometimes boots back up after i plug it back in. I Checked around for a loose screw or something hitting the mobo but couldnt find anything.

When this problem happens and I have the case open I see on my mobo (Asus P8Z68-V) the Vga_led is RED which is usually off when hte computer is fine. Is this a VGA problem im having or a PSu problem? Why does reseating power cords fix it sometimes?

Any input? Rig in my signature

Thanks

denis280

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2011
I guest your Crucial m4 128G.is your main drive.check for loose connection.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Are you using the motherboard's VGA/DVI connectors? If not, they should be disabled.

And putting in a period every so often wouldn't hurt either.

jjj807

Jun 20, 2004
Sorry about that, was typing on my phone earlier. I disabled the built in Lucid Video dvi onboard graphics. I checked all connections and they are good. I just restarted twice and everything was ok. Anything else to check or watch out for?

BTW, once the computer is on it acts fine and all temp readings are normal