Computer service techs.. what do you do during...

elzmaddy

Oct 29, 2002
I was wondering, what do you when you are on-site and waiting for something to download or install? Find a way to look busy? Or don't charge for the time and go take a break, maybe get coffee or have lunch?

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: elzmaddy
I was wondering, what do you when you are on-site and waiting for something to download or install? Find a way to look busy? Or don't charge for the time and go take a break, maybe get coffee or have lunch?

bwahahahaa....ummm...yeah

zCypher

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2002
Your time is not free. It's not your fault the computer takes forever. So you will charge less for working on slowass computers? :p

Encryptic

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Originally posted by: pulse8
I touch myself in an inpure manner.

You bill them for that time too? I guess you could charge them for the time you spend fixing those sticky keys.... :D

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Encryptic
Originally posted by: pulse8
I touch myself in an inpure manner.

You bill them for that time too? I guess you could charge them for the time you spend fixing those sticky keys.... :D

No way! Any sticky substance left after I'm done is free of charge.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
I always bring along my laptop so I have files and stuff already in there. In the event I'm waiting for like XP to load, I'll just browse the internet on the laptop or play games. The client things I'm hard at work. :)

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Depends. How long the delay is and how important it is to get the thing fixed and who the client is.