Computer reboot's but werd part is..

w00t

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2004
Somthing is going on really werd my computer keeps rebooting but the werd thing is i have never been there when its done it i am always not there its werd i have no idea what is going on happen 1st when i went to take shower than i came back and it was rebooted than when i went to watch some t.v i came back and again than when i went to eat dinner just now what the heck is going on?

is there anything that reboot's ur computer if ur not on it or sumthing it doesnt make sense.

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
your computer probably bluescreened, but the default setup for most windows machines is "reboot automatically" rather than display the bluescreen. go to Control Panel > System > Advanced Tab. click on Startup and Recovery. unclick Automatically Restart.

the next time your computer "reboots," chances are, you'll see what's causing the error instead. (take note of the bluescreen, e.g. IRQ_NOT_LESS_EQUAL, and google it for possible solutions or post it here and we'll try to help).

it sounds like faulty hardware to me, but you'll need to post the results in order to be certain.

w00t

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2004
Originally posted by: tami
your computer probably bluescreened, but the default setup for most windows machines is "reboot automatically" rather than display the bluescreen. go to Control Panel > System > Advanced Tab. click on Startup and Recovery. unclick Automatically Restart.

the next time your computer "reboots," chances are, you'll see what's causing the error instead. (take note of the bluescreen, e.g. IRQ_NOT_LESS_EQUAL, and google it for possible solutions or post it here and we'll try to help).

it sounds like faulty hardware to me, but you'll need to post the results in order to be certain.

it was already unclicked.. hmm if it was hardware it would have to be ram or psu right?

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
Originally posted by: w00t
Originally posted by: tami

it was already unclicked.. hmm if it was hardware it would have to be ram or psu right?

yes, it could be a PSU problem. what is the wattage of your current PSU? you could consider upgrading.

if you want to test the ram, use memtest86 -- you can find it through google.

check the temperature of your CPU as well (in the bios, or through a program such as mbm5). it may be overheating.