COMPUTER RANDOMLY REBOOTING!!! WHY?!?!?!?!?

ch0sen

May 22, 2003
I have a P4 2.4C Ghz, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, 128 MB Sapphire Radeon 9500 Pro with 512 MB of TWINX CORSAIR, and an Antec 400watt PSU with Windows XP. I have all the drivers and BIOS updates, puls windows.

I am not overclocking, all my temps. are fine. I've been monitering them with ASUS Prob.

I just finished building this machine about a week ago. For some stupid reason my computer keep rebooting itself randomly!!

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!?! WHY IS MY COMPUTER DOING THIS???!!!?

Please if someone could help me on how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it.

Aug 27, 2002
what troubleshooting have you done so far? many things can cause restarts, bad power supply voltages in bios aren't that acurate) flakey spikes in the power supply and/or wall socket, a bad motherboard, a bad processor, bad memory, bad modem, flakey keyboard and/or mouse.(the latter 3 are slim but it does happen)

mechBgon

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Oct 31, 1999
I'm going to recommend this thread to your attention too: link In a nutshell, low-latency memory modules seem to be programmed a little too aggressively for some of the i865PE and i875P boards, so it may help to set the memory timings manually, and that thread happens to have all the necessary instructions to do that (I think). Good luck! :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY