Question Computer randomly freezes then restarts.

scypheroth

Oct 5, 2012
Ok so its been happening alot l8tly and its pissing me off....ill be gaming on one and watching youtube on the other....and whenever i alt+tab in-between SOMETIMES, its random the entire pc will just freeze and then restart....the hell is going on!?!?

MY PC:
-Ryzen 3600 not overclocked with ID-Cooling watercooling, fresh noctua thermal paste
-Gigabyte rx 5700 xt not overclocked and has ID cooling AIO watercooling, fresh noctua thermal paste
-16GB corsair 3600 RAM
-1TB Adata ssd
-512GB M.2 drive
-Gigabyte 700w B700H bronze PSU

GPU drivers are current
BIOS is current
chipset is current
monitor drivers are current

Temps of both the CPU and GPU never go above 55c.

scypheroth

Oct 5, 2012
yea this pc is pissing me off to the point where im about to just throw it off my deck and go buy a new one....if its not freezing or crashing its stuttery and choppy as hell.....ill tell u one thing....im not buying AMD or Radeon any more.

• Haha
Reactions: DAPUNISHER

scypheroth

Oct 5, 2012
If this is your video card then i'd read the reviews carefully. Looks like a lot of folks have the same problems. Looks like undervolting the card seems to be one fix:

yea i just confirmed it video card, started getting really bad frame drops like horrible drops making games unplayable. Swapped out for a different gpu and bam butter smooth and no crashing....i did do the undervolt thing before but it didnt help. luckily im on warranty still so im sending it in.

Reactions: daveybrat