Computer Problem?.... help

AUMM

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2001
for the last couple weeks anytime i try to download something off of Morpheus or DirectConnect all my downloads go at 1kb/s or less. I though maybe it was just like a temporary thing but it hasnt gone back. I have a T1 connection through my school so its usually fast. Can anyone help?

Cenalian

Jul 3, 2001
You have a T1 connection??? Where the HELL do you live that you can hook directly up to a T1??? How much you paying for that a month???

Enkrates

Banned
Sep 17, 2000

<< for the last couple weeks anytime i try to download something off of Morpheus or DirectConnect all my downloads go at 1kb/s or less. I though maybe it was just like a temporary thing but it hasnt gone back. I have a T1 connection so its usually fast. Can anyone help? >>

Are you sure it's a T1 connection and not 56k? j/k :p.

Can you provide more information on your problem?

Nov 7, 2000
You can only download as fast as people upload. So if you are connecting to 56k'ers be prepared to wait...

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
Well, I'll just assume (since everyone always says it) that *your* T1 is really your school's T1, in which case they may be limiting the throughput on the ports used by those programs.

AUMM

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2001
sorry, i meant its through my school, it just started downloading slow all of teh sudden, like even off of people i know i usually download fast off of.

LadyNiniane

Feb 16, 2001
ThisIsMatt probably has the right of it, especially if it just started happening. Some network admin probably got told to lock it down, and has just finally gotten around to doing it.

Lady Niniane

NDGeist

Feb 5, 2001
how many people have been moving onto *your* t1... i assume that a lot more computers are coming online recently, due to school starting soon...

chip

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
your school is blocking the ports morpheus use to a certain bandwith, these polocies have begun to spread throughout every university in the states. can you change the incoming port for morpheus?

AUMM

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2001
well the school year isnt gonna be starting for a while, im in summer school right now. When people download off of me, the speed keeps jumping, like from like 53 kb/s to 4 kb/s back up to 10 or something like that. ill have to check if the same thing is happening on my friends computers

AUMM

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2001
hmmm, so theres no way to get around it? anyone else having this problem at UCI???

AUMM

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2001
hmmm same problem happeneing with WinMX
this sucks. is there anything i can do??