Computer issues

powersmo

Mar 30, 2009
I have a Gigabyte Z97-HD3 motherboard in my main desktop and this morning it wouldn't boot properly. The computer would start but there was no splash screen on the monitor and no power to the usb mouse. There was power to the fans so the power supply doesn't seem to the issue. I turned off the computer and moved the usb mouse to a different port and installed a known good video card. Reconnected everything and still the same issue. I am running a i5-4590 on the mb. At this point I thinking that the motherboard is at fault but would appreciate thoughts from the group.

Sheep221

Golden Member
Oct 28, 2012
Check for loose 24pin and 4/8pin power cables and clear CMOS, if still nothing, than yes the board is likely dead.

-spinning fans do not tell that PSU is ok, it does transfer some current which they consume that's right, but not much more about its condition

RLGL

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2013
Disconnect everything except the power supply, Remove drives, cards, ram etc,
Does it beep when trying to boot? If so install one item and try again. Ram first

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I have a Gigabyte Z97-HD3 motherboard in my main desktop and this morning it wouldn't boot properly. The computer would start but there was no splash screen on the monitor and no power to the usb mouse. There was power to the fans so the power supply doesn't seem to the issue. I turned off the computer and moved the usb mouse to a different port and installed a known good video card. Reconnected everything and still the same issue. I am running a i5-4590 on the mb. At this point I thinking that the motherboard is at fault but would appreciate thoughts from the group.
usually this is a power supply issue.

try a known working power supply before trying anything else. This way you can eliminate this from other causes.