Computer Headphones

owensdj

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2000
Can anybody recommend some headphones for computer use? Something good quality but not overly expensive.

aswedc

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2000
Other popular ones are the Sony MDR-V6 and the Sennheiser 497. I have the Senn's, and they're performing well.

Lalakai

Golden Member
Nov 30, 1999
it's really gonna depend on personal preference for the style of phones (over the ear, on the ear, completely covering the ear, ect.), and what your ears can really hear. Adding to the issue is the fact that most sound cards in computers have terrible headphone jacks. Best bet is to take some of your music to several stereo shops and listen to their units with your music, that way you have a better idea of how the music can change depending on differring headphones.

For my preferences, I opt for a set of phones that have middle level resistance (how much power do you need to push 'em), completely cover my ears to exclude outside noises (they do get warm in the summer), and sound best at reproducing mids and highs. Even with these phones, by purchasing a dedicated headphone amp, i was able to tell the difference of enhancing the headphone jack. Playing games I can easily tell from the footsteps or shots, where they originated from (left, right, behind, ect.), and with music I can hear the pik on the guitar strings and the sounds of the singers breathing in the background.

try this place for some good info and remember that if you're seriously into good sounds, really push your budget and get the best that your pocket can afford; you wont regret it.

The HeadRoom

good luck and have fun.

ps - mine are the beyerdynamics DT-250's with the TotalAirHead Amp.