Question computer freezing randomly

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
where should i start diagnosing my pc?
temperatures are fine . once it hanged during normal website surfing now today hanged while in game

Moved from peripherals forum.

AT Mod Usandthem

Last edited by a moderator:

MalVeauX

Dec 19, 2008
Hi,

Start by listing all components of your system. And whether or not anything is running away from stock (ie, over/under clocks).
Have there been any changes to hardware or new software prior to this starting to happen (including updates)?
Share detailed information about what processes were running each time it freezes.
Start running a monitor like OpenHardware to see temperatures and clocks on all hardware.
Simplify everything by removing anything not required to run the system (drives, peripherals, add-in cards, etc).

Very best,

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
Hi,

Start by listing all components of your system. And whether or not anything is running away from stock (ie, over/under clocks).
Have there been any changes to hardware or new software prior to this starting to happen (including updates)?
Share detailed information about what processes were running each time it freezes.
Start running a monitor like OpenHardware to see temperatures and clocks on all hardware.
Simplify everything by removing anything not required to run the system (drives, peripherals, add-in cards, etc).

Very best,
there is hardware change, no overclocking everything at stock speed temperatures are fine in game gpu has 56 and cpu has 52

knght990

Jun 3, 2006
I was having an issue like this, the system would stop completely, even the mouse, for about 30 seconds.
I had the page file turned off, once I set it back to auto the problem went away.