Computer Beep

Discussion in 'Computer Help' started by Dijeangenie, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Dijeangenie

Dijeangenie Senior member

I have recently built my own pc for the first time and everything appears to be functioning correctly.

The only issue I have is that every 10/20 minutes or so the computer emits a single beep - It is not a noise coming through my headset, i.e. it comes from one of the components themselves. Any idea what could be causing it? Overheating?

Thanks

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Computer Beep Forum Date
    Help with computer build - turns on but no video or "beeps" Computer Help Nov 30, 2015
    Computer doesn't boot, doesn't beep Computer Help Nov 30, 2014
    Computer not booting, only beep sound of boot. Computer Help Sep 21, 2014
    No Post Beeps, used Q6600 computer. Computer Help May 29, 2014
    Computer beeping. All the time. But nothing seems "wrong". - SOLVED Computer Help May 8, 2014

3. denis280

denis280 Diamond Member

Give us all spec.

4. VirtualLarry

VirtualLarry Lifer

could be a fan alarm, if the fan is briefly stopping. is it a gigabyte mobo?

5. Steltek

Steltek Golden Member

Yeah, you need to post the system specs.

If you don't have any type of temperature monitoring software installed, try installing SpeedFan - it has a temperature monitoring section under the Readings tab which can be helpful:

http://www.almico.com/speedfan447.exe

When you get a beep, flip over to SpeedFan to check the temps and see if anything appears out of bounds.

6. Dijeangenie

Dijeangenie Senior member

Thanks - I think I have found the problem, one of the wires was occasionally interfering with a fan!

7. piasabird

piasabird Lifer

Could be slight overheating Sometimes in the BIOS there are alarms for fans, temp, or other things, like SKYPE, IM, Scrensaver or something else. I have even seen problems with cell phones chirping if you put them close to a computer. Yah could just be a little fan rubbing.