complain complain complain

Lord Evermore

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I had an idea. I decided I was going to make a website dedicated to complaining about other websites. Not a "discussion forum" as such, just a big nasty list of complaints so people could vent. (I complain a lot. I'd probably have the most entries.) Then someone pointed out that might use a lot of bandwidth, so I'd have to pay for that if I had it hosted. Then we figured it might work over my cable connection, since the per-second bandwidth usage might not be too high, just the total at the end of the month. But I'd have to set up a web server and secure it, and be concerned about maintaining security, and also have to consider that AT&T doesn't permit servers anyway so I'd have to worry about them catching it. Plus I wouldn't be able to let posts immediately go to the list, they'd need to be moderated to prevent offensive stuff and floods, but then somebody could still flood whatever moderation system I used so I'd have to deal with that. And figuring out how to set it up so it was sorted out rather than just being one big list would be hard, and it could get pretty big overall if I let people complain about any site they wanted to.

So, I won't be doing it.

Lord Evermore

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
When ordering your nefs, demand quality over quantity.

Ross, that's entirely different from what I intended. :)

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The trouble with having a brain is that you can see the problems before they happen. You wouldn't make a very good Conservative.

Windogg

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
If its complaints you want, all you'll get are people here wondering why they can't score even with a Catholic priest. :)