• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • Community Question: What makes a good motherboard?

Compiled list of optimized clients

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Is there a list/web site somewhere that has links to the various optimized clients for BOINC projects? I'm sure I've seen links to some individual clients in the past other than SETI, but I'm not finding anything useful on Google mostly because I can't remember which projects they were for.

Having a list like that could be useful for people like me who jump around between projects a lot. Or for races/challenges where an optimized client is available.

Reactions: Tejas_2

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Interesting, I thought it was SETI only that had optimised clients, but then again I haven't looked for others!

Last edited:

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
I'm probably thinking of old projects, but I know I've seen at least a few in the past...

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
A number of projects, including PrimeGrid, have had optimized clients that got folded into the projects and replaced the original clients. SETI was just stubborn. :p

Reactions: Fardringle

ASK THE COMMUNITY