Compile a module for me.

Damaged

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
If someone running kernel 2.2.17 would be so kind as to download and compile the ip_masq_icq module for me and email it to me I'd much appreciate it.

You can get the source here: ip_masq_icq module

You must be running kernel 2.2.17 though.

andri

Aug 12, 2000
Why don't you do it yourself?

gcc -DKERNEL -O2 thatfile.c -o thatfile.o

Damaged

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
This is a long story that I didn't want to have to explain but....

First. I know how to compile things. Second. It's simply a matter of doing a make install for that module. Finally, thing runs some sanity checking and finds your kernel verision when it compiles. Then when you try to load the module it too runs some sanity checking, one of which is to make sure that the module was compiled with the same kernel version that you're running.

Well, I'm not running 2.2.17 on anything with a compiler on it. The module is for my firewall. I do not have the compiler or much else on it. It's a firewall. And it's a P133, takes forever to compile a kernel on it anyways. So, I compile the kernel and the modules on another box, then just copy them over.

Satisfy your curiosity?

So, I ask again. Would someone please compile this module for me and email it to me?

Thanks.

Praetor

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 1999
err... well, I seem to have managed to scew up my linux partition somehow now, so I won't be able to compile that.

I really should read the HOWTO's more carefully... (sigh)

PLBlaze

Oct 24, 1999
Damaged, i did compile the module on 2.2.17 kernel and sent it to you.Let me know if you got my email.If you did not get it,i'll resend it again.Thanks.

Damaged

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Hmmm, I haven't received it. I checked my mail server and it's functioning fine. I don't see anything having been bounced either.

Try it again I guess.

Thanks. :)

PLBlaze

Oct 24, 1999
Yup, the email bounced with ns error at your domain.No problem i've sent it again.Let me know if the modue works for you.