competitive eating is a sport

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brownboi512

Feb 18, 2006
dont u guys think its just a little embarassing that skinny japanese men can beat competitors from the most obese country in the world?

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: brownboi512
dont u guys think its just a little embarassing that skinny japanese men can beat competitors from the most obese country in the world?
not the most obese, afraid the U.S. is #9. learn that trivia so you can spring it on your guests at the next party and they can be in awe of your intelligence. ;)

http://www.forbes.com/forbesli...at_2.html?boxes=custom

That list is stupid, I don't think BMI is an equitable measure in those island countries. So throwing them out, it makes the US #2.

KT

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Originally posted by: moshquerade
not the most obese, afraid the U.S. is #9. learn that trivia so you can spring it on your guests at the next party and they can be in awe of your intelligence. ;)

http://www.forbes.com/forbesli...at_2.html?boxes=custom

LOL, I met a bunch of people form Nauru in Bangkok. Their country has only about 13,000 people and it is the smallest country in the world, and every one of them was fat. I'd really like to visit there one day though, nice people.

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001

Actually, if you study competitive eating usually the skinnier you are the better. You just have to have an elastic stomach. There is a lot of fat around fat peoples stomachs and it prevents them from eating A LOT (i mean A LOT) in a short time because the stomach can't stretch out.
If you ever watch the competition usually most of the competitors are normal weight wise.

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by: FoBoT
what is up with Kuwait beating us out?

When your fifthly rich because you live on top of 10% of the worlds oil you tend to put on a few pounds.

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
what arguments do u guys have that agrees (or disagrees) that competitive eating is a real sport?

Can a quadripeligic be a competitive eater? The answer is no, so it's a sport.