Compatible Memory

alexy

Feb 11, 2019
I have addr4 64gb motherboard?? So can I buy 4 16gb ddr4 memory card for my desktop?? Will it be compatible?? Pls reply as early as possibe..!!

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
There is not enough information provided to give you an answer.

If you go to the support page of your motherboard model, you can review the memory QVL (quality vendor list) and see what RAM is compatible with your motherboard. You can also use a "RAM finder" feature from a company like this to tell you what you can use:

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/store-crucial-advisor-trust

alexy

Feb 11, 2019
Is it okay to buy memory cards of some other brands like corsair, gskill etc which is not written in the msi official website??
Also what type of hdd or ssd I should use??? Pls tell me more about this...

LTC8K6

Lifer
Mar 10, 2004
Yes, but they are less likely to work at full speed in a set of 4.

Samsung SSDs are all I buy.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Is it okay to buy memory cards of some other brands like corsair, gskill etc which is not written in the msi official website??
Also what type of hdd or ssd I should use??? Pls tell me more about this...

It is not "memory cards". You are looking for RAM, or even memory modules. Memory cards are storage for things like phones and cameras.

Finally, whatever memory manufacturer you go with, use their memory finder guides to buy compatible memory for your motherboard. For example, https://www.gskill.com/en/configurator

alexy

Feb 11, 2019
It is not "memory cards". You are looking for RAM, or even memory modules. Memory cards are storage for things like phones and cameras.

Finally, whatever memory manufacturer you go with, use their memory finder guides to buy compatible memory for your motherboard. For example, https://www.gskill.com/en/configurator
Sorry.. I mean RAM..
So you mean I can buy any RAM from any manufacturer?? 4 sticks if 16 gb for my 64gb msi 360m mortar motherboard??

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Sorry.. I mean RAM..
So you mean I can buy any RAM from any manufacturer?? 4 sticks if 16 gb for my 64gb msi 360m mortar motherboard??

You can buy RAM from any manufacturer, however you need to make sure it will work properly for your board. You do this by buying RAM that is on MSI's QVL list (previously linked to), or use the RAM manufacturer's "RAM finder" tool (Crucial and G Skill already linked to for you to use).

Why do want to run so much RAM on a budget motherboard? Most people don't need more than 16GB, let alone 64GB.

alexy

Feb 11, 2019
The
You can buy RAM from any manufacturer, however you need to make sure it will work properly for your board. You do this by buying RAM that is on MSI's QVL list (previously linked to), or use the RAM manufacturer's "RAM finder" tool (Crucial and G Skill already linked to for you to use).

Why do want to run so much RAM on a budget motherboard? Most people don't need more than 16GB, let alone 64GB.
Crucial link is not working..

Jeffrey149

Jun 26, 2019
You do this by buying RAM that is on MSI's QVL list (previously linked to), or use the RAM manufacturer's "RAM finder" tool (Crucial and G Skill already linked to for you to use). 9apps.red

Last edited: