Compaq presario network drivers

I hate presario

Sep 22, 2011
I have a presario f750us that I just reformatted to windows vista and installed what I think was the right drivers but the Internet doesn't work on it still. After I installed them the wireless card started to recognize wifi signals but it never connects to the Internet. It says that I am connected with the two blinking computers in the tray acting like it's working. If someone knows what might be the problem please feel free to reply. If you need more information from my end, just go ahead and ask. Thank you kindly for any help.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Where did you get your drivers? If not from HP/Compaq, here's HP's Software & Driver Downloads for Compaq Presario F750US.

Specs for your machine.

Did your machine come with a recovery disk, or did you burn one using the utility included in the original setup? That would re-install the OS original drivers and software.

Two possible alternatives for better performance... IF you can find all the drivers would be to install Windows 7, which would be faster and easier to use, or to install XP, which would be just be faster than Vista. If this interests you, search Google for your model number + Windows 7 or XP + drivers. Among the best sources may be discussions on HP's own user forums, along with specific instructions on how to install them correctly. That's where I found the XP drivers and guidance for installing XP on my Presario V6719NR, which came with Vista.

Another suggestion -- If you haven't already done so, find a deal on 4 GB (2 x 2 GB sticks) of the right DDR2 notebook RAM. It looks like your machine came with the 32 bit version of Vista, which can use only 3+ GB of RAM. However, your machine's onboard video "borrows" RAM from your system. Installing 4 GB allows the video to use RAM not available to the OS so it doesn't decrease the RAM available to run programs. I know this works because I did it for my machine. :cool:

I don't recommend any ready made desktop machines, but, regarding your nick, I don't hate Presario laptops. They use many of the same motherboards as other HP laptops differing only in that they include a different feature set, and HP is still my favorite laptop provider because they've always given me great tech support when I've needed it to help myself or my friends. The reason I buy HP/Compaq is because they're NOT Gateway. :)

Last edited: