company logo opinions?

mjrand

Dec 12, 1999
I'd like some opinions on my company logo. I just started working on it a few minutes ago and I'm trying to think of things that can improve it. I'm really bad visually, but I've seen some of the stuff you guys have created before that looked really nice, so I'm looking for suggestions.

See it at http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7890/logo2sya.jpg

Is the all capitalized text nice? How about the black color? Too plain or ok? The font? What about using the big B for both words?

I would appreciate any suggestions you guys can give.

joesmoke

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2007
totally lame, looks like it was made by a knob at a renaissance fair

that logo wouldnt get you a hand-job at a slutt-convention

mjrand

Dec 12, 1999
Originally posted by: joesmoke

Any suggestions for improvements?

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Looks a bit old-fashioned. Not really a good fit for a computer-related business, if that's what it is.

joesmoke

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2007
Originally posted by: mjrand

Any suggestions for improvements?

all joking aside, the font is pretty bad. it also appears kinda jumbled when you first look at it.

mjrand

Dec 12, 1999
Yeah, it's for a tech company. I appreciate the constructive criticism guys. What can I do to improve it though?

joesmoke

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2007
Yeah, it's for a tech company. I appreciate the constructive criticism guys. What can I do to improve it though?

ditch the whole "two words working off one letter" thing. also "BeyondBytes" seems more current name wise. maybe some kind of meaningless symbol or watermark like big companies have in their logos.

mcurphy

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2003
It does seem to be quite plain. Try adding something besides text like an image or something tech related?

Or it would be neat if you could create your own font out of 1's and 0's. Like the letter N could be 1\1, only done really nice with Photoshop. The letter O could be a zero of course, The letter Y could be a 1 with a little slash, the letter B could be a 1 and two 0's for the loops. If done right, I think that could look pretty neat and be very relavent to your business.

mjrand

Dec 12, 1999

ditch the whole "two words working off one letter" thing. also "BeyondBytes" seems more current name wise. maybe some kind of meaningless symbol or watermark like big companies have in their logos.

Heh it's a bit late to change my registered company name.

joesmoke

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 2007

you cant be THAT far along if you dont have ur logo yet ;)

mjrand

Dec 12, 1999

you cant be THAT far along if you dont have ur logo yet ;)

You'd be surprised. Registered business name. Registered tax number. Registered bank accounts. Registered domain name, etc...

daw123

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2008
I'm not sure; maybe you could incorporate the lower portion of the B to Bytes with the & symbol (or + sign) and the upper portion of the B to Beyond. So you end up with a diagonally arranged B & B (or B + B). You would have to choose the font carefully, so that the overall design looked ok.

I'm just throwing some ideas out there.

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
Come up with a description of what you'd like your logo to look like (any graphics, colors, etc) and post a 'contest' on the Digital Point forums where people will submit their logos and you choose one and pay them (however much you set the contest for, usually $5 Paypal even will work)

( http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94 )

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Let me be the tenth to mention that this logo is only fitting if you deal in steampunk hardware from the nineteenth century. It is a perfect logo for a difference engine repair shop.

mjrand

Dec 12, 1999
Originally posted by: slayer202
the font is terrible

I suggest ripping off an idea from here:

http://99designs.com/

Wow some of the designs there are amazing. I really don't want to rip off another design, but I can't afford what they're offering either. $500!? :(

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
the font is terrible

Wow some of the designs there are amazing. I really don't want to rip off another design, but I can't afford what they're offering either. $500!? :(

Do I what I suggested above. Move it to $10 and you will be very surprised how nice they can be.

mjrand

Dec 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Quintox
the font is terrible

Do I what I suggested above. Move it to $10 and you will be very surprised how nice they can be.

Any chance somebody here is already a member there and could post it for me?

I tried registering myself, but it says I have to wait 14 days and have 25 posts before I can post in that forum.