Companies sometimes make good games, and ruin them with bad service

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I liked, for example, SCS, the 'truck simulator' maker, Euro and then the US. I bought products from them even though I never got around to playing them.

Then, I had an interaction with their customer service. I can't remember whether it was Steam moderation or elsewhere, but it led me to decide not to buy any more from them.

Then, I just made a post to the Steam forum mentioning this, saying it's been a couple years, asking if people had some good stories about them to offset it, asking how others' experiences were.

They deleted the thread. So, I posted saying they don't deserve support, as a company that treats customers that way, and in minutes got a permanent ban.

I've e-mailed their corporate site to let them know they have bad, abusive service from their Steam moderation. We'll see. Barring a good response, I don't expect to ever buy from them again. And, obviously, I'm posting about it.

I hate to see when a company has good people making good games, and then they're let down by bad service.

Reactions: Magic Carpet

GodisanAtheist

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2006
That's a bit bizarre, I've never heard of companies being able to directly moderate steam discussion forums, and there have been a LOT of games that have their steam forums buried underneath "this game is crap" threads without bans and threadlocks being handed out like candy.

Artorias

Golden Member
Feb 8, 2014
That's a bit bizarre, I've never heard of companies being able to directly moderate steam discussion forums, and there have been a LOT of games that have their steam forums buried underneath "this game is crap" threads without bans and threadlocks being handed out like candy.
I think this has existed since Steam moved to discussions from their old forums. Steam does tend to take control of discussions if a developer is seen to be abusive with their mod powers.

Your case seems very strange. Would like to know if was the developers, or some "volunteer" moderator who took exception to your post.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I think this has existed since Steam moved to discussions from their old forums. Steam does tend to take control of discussions if a developer is seen to be abusive with their mod powers.

Your case seems very strange. Would like to know if was the developers, or some "volunteer" moderator who took exception to your post.
It's unnamed who takes such actions. When I go to the forum, there's a message from the moderator anonymously saying basically 'disagreeing with moderator you're gone'.

Before that happened, someone posted saying there are two moderators, one is an SCS employee, one isn't, implying that Steam is behind them. I asked, doesn't SCS have a say over their actions and they said yes, but SCS tries to leave the moderating to them. I can't even see the thread anymore. Haven't heard back from their corporate site.

ASK THE COMMUNITY