Community Service

Row1and

Apr 7, 2005
I always here about how good it is for you to do community service and stuff... So after tons of thinking and what not, I've decided to do something for the community, and all i want to know is if you were in my community, would you sponsor me?

There are blind kids everywhere in the world, including my community and I want to do something for them. I want to take them to the movies... I want to take them to the movies.

Would u sponsor me?

blinky8225

Nov 23, 2004
No, you cannot spell "hear" correctly. I can't tell if this thread is a joke or not. Why would a blind kid want to "see" a movie?

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
I'd sponsor you in the aspect of having you locked up for being a dumbass.

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Wait, the OP wants to do something nice for the people in his community and you choose try and bring him down?

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Cdubneeddeal
Wait, the OP wants to do something nice for the people in his community and you choose try and bring him down?

The user wants others to sponsor him so he can go see movies.

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Originally posted by: minendo

The user wants others to sponsor him so he can go see movies.

Hmm..lol. Never thought about that. Blind kids at movies...

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I'll be happy to sponsor you on such an endeavor:

And, my sponsorship will be knowledge. Since the kids can't see the screen, take them to the drive-in theater. Now, in the old days, drive-in theaters used to have speakers that you'd attach to the driver's side window in your car. But now, most drive-in theaters use low power FM transmissions and people "tune in" to the movie on their car's stereo.

Quite simply, since you don't have to see the movie, you merely have to park somewhere close enough to the drive-in theater that you can receive their broadcast. Park, tune-in, and save the money from admission.

Row1and

Apr 7, 2005
Originally posted by: blinky8225
No, you cannot spell "hear" correctly. I can't tell if this thread is a joke or not. Why would a blind kid want to "see" a movie?

I apologize for spelling hear incorrectly.

Row1and

Apr 7, 2005

yeah no kidding.. i'm trying to help people here... ?!?

imported_Devine

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Row1and

yeah no kidding.. i'm trying to help people here... ?!?

You're trying to help blind people go to a movie... That's like buying a deaf person an iPod, or giving shoes to an double leg amputee, or etc. There has to be a way better way to help them out.

rezinn

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2004
Blind people might like to go see a movie, how would you guys know? Good movie theaters have pretty nice sound, and there are such things as musicals if you wanted to go that route.

blinky8225

Nov 23, 2004
Originally posted by: rezinn
Blind people might like to go see a movie, how would you guys know? Good movie theaters have pretty nice sound, and there are such things as musicals if you wanted to go that route.
Good point; I wouldn't know. I do apologize for my insensitive comment above. It might mean a lot to them to feel normal and be able to partake in everyday activities like seeing a movie.

Row1and

Apr 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Baked
I've never seen blind people at the theatres.

well, there's a first time for everything! maybe if i get this on the road and what not, u can come with us.

Mr Pickles

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by: Row1and
Originally posted by: Baked
I've never seen blind people at the theatres.

well, there's a first time for everything! maybe if i get this on the road and what not, u can come with us.

This is fucking retarded.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
They do have certain showings hear with descriptive audio for blind folks, so it's not unreasonable.

I'd support you OP, but I'd want you to learn how to spell "you" first (hint: you're missing 2 letters).

KT

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Originally posted by: KeithTalent
They do have certain showings hear with descriptive audio for blind folks, so it's not unreasonable.

I'd support you OP, but I'd want you to learn how to spell "you" first (hint: you're missing 2 letters).

KT

I'm happy to see people interested in helping the community.

I have possibly a better idea for you, OP. Join a local philanthropic or community organziation and you'll both a) be able to help out in your community and b) not have to "get it off the ground" by yourself.

Since you mentioned blindness specifically, see if there's a Lions Club near you.