Common Sense Zero Tolerance Act

Status
Not open for further replies.

LookBehindYou

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
It's about time stuff like this starts getting implemented, some of the suspensions kids have been getting are absolutely retarded.

OKLAHOMA CITY – Schoolchildren in Oklahoma could not be punished for chewing their breakfast pastries into the shape of a gun under a bill introduced this week by a Republican legislator.

Rep. Sally Kern said Wednesday her measure dubbed the Common Sense Zero Tolerance Act was in response to school districts having policies that are too strict or inflexible.

Kern cited a recent Maryland case that gained national media attention where a boy was suspended after his teacher accused him of chewing his Pop Tart into the shape of a gun.

"Real intent, real threats and real weapons should always be dealt with immediately. We need to stop criminalizing children's imagination and childhood play," Kern, Republican from Oklahoma City told News9.com.

"If there's no real intent, there's no real threat, no real weapon, no real harm is occurring or going to occur, why in the world are we in a sense abusing our children like this."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/10/oklahoma-bill-would-ease-school-policies-on-toy-guns/

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
One thing out of OK I actually agree with.

Zero Tolerance = Zero Intelligence in most cases.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
GOOD!

I never thought something like this would ever be suggested.

EDIT - Interesting tags........

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
What is sad is that we even need to introduce legislation like this. Zero tolerance is obvious stupidity, especially when placed in the hands of the idiots who run many schools and school districts.

Nov 30, 2006
I would hope that this issue is something both Republicans and Democrats can get behind. Criminalizing the innocent actions of children is insanity.

Nov 8, 2012
I would hope that this issue is something both Republicans and Democrats can get behind. Criminalizing the innocent actions of children is insanity.

bwaahahahhahahaha

Who do you think is the one accusing them? Who do you think is the one punishing them? And who do you think is stupid enough to agree with these actions?

The same one's that think playing with basketballs and toys during recess is dangerous. Incoming bubble wrap world where all kids have are iPads, bubble wrap, and low IQ.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Have you ever tried arts and crafts with a freaking pop-tart? They are hard enough to eat, let alone shape into something recognizable.

Why would we suspend kids who deserve a gold-star for the day? Hell, if it had a detachable magazine, give him two gold-stars!

Ventanni

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2011
I agree with this. We shouldn't be criminalizing kids who are simply using their imagination.

I won't lie, when I was kid, I played with imaginary weapons (sticks) in the backyard, slaying dragons, saving damsels, and destroying and demons with ease. Some days I was evil. Some days I was good. But that's what you do as a kid, and I think to repress children from using their imagination will have dire consequences once they become adults.

Heaven forbid we let kids be kids!

Pray To Jesus

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2011
bwaahahahhahahaha

Who do you think is the one accusing them? Who do you think is the one punishing them? And who do you think is stupid enough to agree with these actions?

The same one's that think playing with basketballs and toys during recess is dangerous. Incoming bubble wrap world where all kids have are iPads, bubble wrap, and low IQ.

The libtards?

Status
Not open for further replies.