Common human behaviours that make you shake your head?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 20, 2009
Mainly in my area it is older Asian women who do that.....they think the turn signal means they can move into whichever lane they want!!
A very good Asian friend of mine once told me that Asians drivers are only concerned with what is directly in front of them as that is what they are responsible for. When I mention some of the things I've seen, he laughs, agrees as he's seen it himself. Even he admits to being a bad driver.

local

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2011
Well, if you're gonna speed up to block me off, I'm fine with forcing my way in. It's virtually a 100% chance you care more about your car body than I do mine. Your call...

The reverse is also true, my old truck had plenty of side mirror impacts and scrapes because if you are not going to look then you get to deal with the consequences.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
That article is such bullshit.

"No! Litter is not the fault or responsibility of individual litterers. It's THE EEEVIL CORPORATIONS!!!!! Hamburgers should be sold in reusable glass containers!"

The fact that it was corporate sponsored propaganda is really indisputable. You can attribute the motives however you like.

Last edited:

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
The fact that it was corporate sponsored propaganda is really indisputable. You can attribute the motives however you like.
So you're saying it's wrong for corporations to do the right thing and make a highly effective anti-littering public awareness program? They deserve to be excoriated for it? Puh-leeze!

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Damn.

I wish all the younger people today could know just how bad the litter problem was just a few short decades ago.

...and reusable glass containers were NOT the answer. All sodas (and many other products) were glass for a very long time before they transitioned to plastic. I'm not talking about 8-ounce bottles. I'm talking 20-ounce bottles. Practically everyone in my semi-rural area used to throw glass bottles (and all other trash) out of their vehicles. Walk along some railroad tracks under a road bridge and you'd find a layer of shattered glass over 1 foot deep.

Last edited: