Common Core assignment - was the Holocaust a hoax?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 25, 2013
The reality is:That Common Core IS sponsored by ICLEI.
ICLEI's goal is to advance Agenda 21.
This is the reality.
If you don't believe it,do some research for yourself.
It is fact.
As for why they are trying to deny the Holocaust happened?
I have no idea.
I know it's bad.

Who is denying the Holocaust and what does that have to do with the educational assignment under discussion?

schmuckley

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2011
Why does the assignment ask the students if the Holocaust really happened?
Why That?
Why not: Did George Washington really cross the Potomac?
or: Did the Civil War actually happen?
Hmm..interesting choice of topics.Poor taste,imo.

Dec 10, 2005

schmuckley

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2011
You have flouride in your water;I do not.
Furthermore;My water is not recycled sewage. :thumbsup:
At least not like..by a wastewater treatment plant in a city.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2005
You have flouride in your water;I do not.
Furthermore;My water is not recycled sewage. :thumbsup:

Only distilled water, or rainwater, and only pure-grain alcohol, right? I mean, you don't want to contaminate your precious bodily fluids.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I'm starting to think there's a psych ward out there that is allowing it's patients to use ATPN as some new radical therapy
Either that or it's as simple as
Nurse Ratchet, Billy Willy and Sam are banging their heads on the wall again
Oh go let them post on that message board they like

Last edited:

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
By college it's already too late, people have decided what they trust\don't trust. IMO, 8th grade is a good grade to learn this. An elementary student would read the Holocaust Hoax article and believe it, an 8th grader who already knows Santa Claus isn't real will think more critically about being presented with an article that states a lot of what he knows is a lie.

He doesn't have the necessary background to actually challenge it. College is where you have the vocabulary to argue back to first principles. In 8th grade the mind has a very limited set of skills.

Seriously, 8th graders are so young that they think the Star Wars prequels are just as good as the original trilogy, and you expect them to be able to weave their way through a claim that their evidentiary foundation has been compromised?

Leia_and_Han_Solo_leia_and_han_solo_27879229_500.jpg

fb5dd70395bff03b0d3f7bbc19c03694239079549360377b.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2013
Why does the assignment ask the students if the Holocaust really happened?
Why That?
Why not: Did George Washington really cross the Potomac?
or: Did the Civil War actually happen?
Hmm..interesting choice of topics.Poor taste,imo.

Or, why did the chicken cross the road? (chickens taste good)

Last edited:

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
school district said Interim Superintendent Mohammad Z. Islam

I really wonder why this assignment came out of nowhere. :hmm::colbert::whiste:
While the concept of teaching students how to identify accurate sources of information is great, actively encouraging doubt about historical facts is stupid.

Moe Zart

Apr 5, 2014
We have lots of those museums, especially in the South, usually as part of general museums of the area. That's a huge part of American history, so it's no surprise.

But the Holocaust is very unusual, possibly unique, in 1) targeting an ethnic group for ideological reasons, 2) killing on such a scale, in such a short time, and 3) the particular gruesomeness of the industrial process of it all.

Not remotely as many as holocaust museums, nor as grand as them.
Again, imagine Germany not having museums for the holocaust they committed, but instead having museums for the genocides of Native Americans and African slaves that happened way over in America.
Also imagine a law in Germany which states that denying the genocide of the Native Americans is a crime, but denying the Holocaust isn't.

There is nothing "unusual" about the holocaust, that's just a picture that Zionist controlled media and Hollywood paint, it was said there were almost 100 million natives in America before the English landed, now they're less than 0.3% of the population. Genocide of that magnitude doesn't just happen by accident, they were targeted as an ethnic group, and were killed on a much larger scale than the Holocaust. But you don't see any criminal charges against someone who denies it, nor any sob stories about a native American Anne Frank.

Last edited:

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
There is nothing "unusual" about the holocaust, that's just a picture that Zionist controlled media and Hollywood paint, it was said there were almost 100 million natives in America before the English landed, now they're less than 0.3% of the population. Genocide of that magnitude doesn't just happen by accident, they were targeted as an ethnic group, and were killed on a much larger scale than the Holocaust. But you don't see any criminal charges against someone who denies it, nor any sob stories about a native American Anne Frank.

It's necessarily never accidental. Just saying.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Sorry but this is no different than if a school had students write about "If Slavery was good for Blacks" and listed Stormfront as part of the list of sources. It has no valid educational purpose.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
While the concept of teaching students how to identify accurate sources of information is great, actively encouraging doubt about historical facts is stupid.

Probably the most important critically thinking question of the whole discussion.

bryanl

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2006
The intent of Glenn Beck's website bringing this up so subtly and elegantly can be summarized as follows: Obama = Common Core = Nazi

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I agree with this. Anything that teaches people critical thinking skills and analyzing information from a variety of sources to draw their conclusions is a good thing. There is nothing worse than blindly believing what you are told without ever questioning it.

There are few things in recent history as proven as the holocaust. There are literally thousands of testimonies of holocaust survivors, prison guards & allied soldiers who witnessed the events.

Not to mention the Nazi state keeping really good records of their killing.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005

Mamma always said stupid is as stupid does

A dazzling new exhibit has descended upon the Creation Museum. Dragon Legends brings visitors face to face with fantastic tales of dragons from all over the world.

Regale yourself with delightful artwork and other beautiful adornments as you stroll beneath the colorful Chinese dragons in the museum’s portico. Learn about encounters with these incredible beasts from China to Africa, Europe to the Americas, and Australia to the Middle East. Discover what ancient historians have written about these creatures, and examine armaments that may have been used by valiant dragon slayers.

Why are there so many dragon legends from cultures around the globe? Why do descriptions of these magnificent animals often sound similar to what we call dinosaurs? How could our ancestors carve, paint, or write about these creatures if they have truly been extinct for millions of years?

Evolutionists struggle to explain the intriguing evidence that people lived at the same time as dinosaurs. God’s Word indicates that dinosaurs and man were created on the same day, so biblical creationists are not surprised to uncover clues that ancient man had indeed seen these beasts.

Were dinosaurs dragons? Find out at the Creation Museum’s new Dragon Legends exhibit, and prepare to believe.

http://creationmuseum.org/whats-here/exhibits/dragon-legends/

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Exactly; ZILTCH.

But, herp-a-derp happens when you doubt the word of the Lord.

Well, SOME of the words at least. Remember, the bible only contains what Constantine and his 7 cohorts deemed acceptable and beneficial to Rome.

If only there was an unbroken and organic Christian faith starting with Jesus, things would be very different I think.

berzerker60

Golden Member
Jul 18, 2012
Not remotely as many as holocaust museums, nor as grand as them.
Again, imagine Germany not having museums for the holocaust they committed, but instead having museums for the genocides of Native Americans and African slaves that happened way over in America.
Also imagine a law in Germany which states that denying the genocide of the Native Americans is a crime, but denying the Holocaust isn't.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_museums_focused_on_African_Americans
http://americanhistory.si.edu/chang...nd-march-washington-1963/1863/slavery-america
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local/daily/july99/williamsburg7.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:American_Civil_War_museums_by_state
http://nmai.si.edu/visit/washington/
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/15/travel/best-usa-indian-culture/

There are way way more museums focused on slavery, civil rights, and American Indians than the Holocaust in the United States.

1) There was absolutely something unusual about the Holocaust, according to basically every professional historian across all nations, races, religions, etc. I'm sorry if you're just ignorant about that. And again, your antisemitic conspiracy theories are disgusting.

2) No one is saying the slaughter of the Native Americans was anything but awful. The US absolutely has enormous reason for shame there, and that and slavery should be central in our own history books (and usually are, at least in more recently written books than the 60s). They're not "better" than the Holocaust, because evils of that magnitude can't really be compared, but they're not the same thing either. There's plenty of museum space for us to remember multiple historical evils all at once.

2a) While the US government and citizens absolutely deserve huge blame for their treatment of the Native Americans, disease was by far the biggest killer, and that's not something you can really choose to stop even if you want to. Short of quarantining the New World until there were cures, there was no stopping a huge amount of the death.

3) You don't see anyone facing criminal charges for denying any historical thing in the US, because we believe in freedom of speech more than other countries do. Also there are very few people denying that slavery or the the horrible mistreatment of Native Americans happened, while there are actual Holocaust deniers.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
History is being suppressed. Most without children (and sadly many that do have them) don't realize this.

Only this past year when I have had an 11 and 15 year old in my life, that I am realizing WTF is wrong with education.

The common core math methods are ridiculous. I have have beyond calculus and some of the methods make no sense. Add that to the fact even if you show all work, you have to use the method of math they are telling you too. Some involve division with boxes and tally marks!

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
Nobody is denying it happened, my grandfather died in a concentration camp, it brings me great sadness whenever I remember it (he fell from the watchtower).

Just to be absolutely clear, was he guarding the camp or a prisoner?