Commit to your backlog thread - now 2020

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GodisanAtheist

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2006
Ended up starting Crysis Warhead and The Witcher 2 in tandem. Will likely make both games take twice as long but is also making each game more enjoyable as they're so different from each other.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Man I have so many games I bought and never played. Most were on sale but still. It's like collecting baseball cards or something.

I'm intending to complete Metro Exodus before Cyberpunk 2077 comes out in I think September. I'm only a few hours or so through it and haven't played it since I picked up Tarkov in early November (and haven't played anything else since).

I'd also like to at least make some progress on Kingdom Come Deliverance and Red Dead 2 but who knows.

I watched a recent MightyJingles vid on Elite Dangerous and that got me wanting to try that out again. Most Tarkov players are waiting for the upcoming wipe to happen (all player accounts reset) and I kinda am too so I actually installed Steam last night (since formatting my rig months ago lol) and downloaded and setup Elite. Did a few of the tutorials to refresh my memory and of course had a hard time killing the fricking second ship in the combat tutorial. God I'm such at games nowadays, it's frustrating.

But besides the possibility of Metro Exodus, I have a feeling when the Tarkov wipe happens in the coming weeks I'll be back to that solely. I dunno why I even play; it's such a difficult game and I'm hardly any better than I was when I fricking started over 6 months ago. Fml. But it's pretty awesome.

thetechfreak

Jun 11, 2012
Halo MCC coming to pc has only increased my list of to play games. However I've played and completed all the games upto Halo 2, so can't wait.

Originally only had played Combat evolved when I was young. Rather glad the series is being ported.

Sent from my vivo 1807 using Tapatalk

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Waffling between starting Max Payne 2 (never beat MP 1, although I've played it at some point) and Darksiders 1.

Feel like playing an actual shooter instead of two hack n' slash games in a row, but Darksiders has been on the docket for a VERY long time, and I got the remastered version for free on steam.

Also got a bunch of new wireless Xbox controllers for the b-day, so it would be a good opportunity to to use those.
I loved Max Payne 1 and 2 when each of them came out.
Tried playing number 2 last week and it wasnt a great experience. Game needs to be updated so at the very least it supports widescreen.

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Ok....so I made some backlog progress. I finished Stacking. Started it May 2013. Finished it May 2020. Lol.

It was actually more enjoyable than I thought it would be. A fairly easy puzzle game with some humor.

So then I started on Dark Souls III. Like many people, I rage quit after about 30 minutes. Sh*t that game is hard. But I started as a Deprived class, and I now understand that that decision made it a bit harder. Regardless, after many attempts at the first boss I defeated him. That felt pretty good.

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Ok....so I made some backlog progress. I finished Stacking. Started it May 2013. Finished it May 2020. Lol.

It was actually more enjoyable than I thought it would be. A fairly easy puzzle game with some humor.

So then I started on Dark Souls III. Like many people, I rage quit after about 30 minutes. Sh*t that game is hard. But I started as a Deprived class, and I now understand that that decision made it a bit harder. Regardless, after many attempts at the first boss I defeated him. That felt pretty good.
Dark Souls III is the only one in the series I've managed to make it to the end. It was worth it.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005

My best advice with the Dark Souls series is don't rush and pay attention. Learning enemy tells is probably the most important thing you can do to be successful in that series. If you find a particular path just killing you over and over, there may be a different way you can go (biggest example of this is DS1 when you get out of the tutorial; many people head toward the graveyard with is significantly harder at this stage of the game than going the opposite way).

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
My best advice with the Dark Souls series is don't rush and pay attention. Learning enemy tells is probably the most important thing you can do to be successful in that series. If you find a particular path just killing you over and over, there may be a different way you can go (biggest example of this is DS1 when you get out of the tutorial; many people head toward the graveyard with is significantly harder at this stage of the game than going the opposite way).
Thanks. Yes, this is how I finally defeated the first boss in Dark Souls 3. I noticed his attack pattern and learned that after he jumped at me - that was really the only time I could hit him. So roll away from him, wait for his jump, roll in hit him once (or twice if I was feeling brave), roll out and run away for awhile. Rinse and repeat.

It's really frustrating dying over and over, but now that I understand that this is kind of part of the game (you're gonna die while you figure out the boss's attacks and patterns) I don't get as mad.

As I look back on my first few hours of the game.....I actually like how this game makes you sink or swim from the start.

GodisanAtheist

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2006
Ok finished Witcher 2. Damn what a ride, I'll do a write-up on it.

Feel like something dumb and quick, in a futuristic setting.

GodisanAtheist

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2006
Just played and beat (?) The Stanley Parable this morning before work. Going to pick it up again and see if I can find a few more endings, before putting it down for good.

GodisanAtheist

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2006
Alright, my new thing is playing two totally different genres of games, one on my laptop and the other on my desktop, in tandem if the games lack Steam cloud support.

So I fired up Company of Heroes which I played hundred of hours of back in the day but never completed the campaign on my desktop, and the legendary Dark Souls:prepare to Die edition on my laptop.

Really enjoying both games so far, but be warned dark souls is one of the worst PC ports I have seen in a loooooong time and really needs a fan made patch called DSfix to get it to not horribly suck out the gate.

ASK THE COMMUNITY