Commissioner: Fatal Police Shooting Unjustified

Zephyr106

Banned
Jul 2, 2003
I think someone has had a recent runin with the law and now is posting every negative article about cops that they can dredge up on the internet.

You live in a police state, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, GET OUT!

Zephyr

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Zephyr106
I think someone has had a recent runin with the law and now is posting every negative article about cops that they can dredge up on the internet.

Zephyr

STFU. Every public employee needs to be taken to task for their actions. Especially those with guns.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Dari
Originally posted by: Zephyr106

Zephyr

STFU. Every public employee needs to be taken to task for their actions. Especially those with guns.

I don't think that Zephyr106 was saying otherwise. I think you missed the point of his post.

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
You know I wonder sometimes how we can prevent things like this ? How about we only put only black cops patroling black neighborhoods and maybe we won't have anymore problems of racial profiling by white cops, etc.... ? Or better yet let's have all these people living in high crime communites police themselves so they can effectively control and reduce crime unlike the police officers who are clearly all racist or facist. Clearly having police officers ( especially white ones ) in these minorty nieghborhoods is not the answer here. I would appreciate any and all opinions on how we can stop bad things from happening in these high crime neighborhoods.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Drift3r
You know I wonder sometimes how we can prevent things like this ? How about we only put only black cops patroling black neighborhoods and maybe we won't have anymore problems of racial profiling by white cops, etc.... ? Or better yet let's have all these people living in high crime communites police themselves so they can effectively control and reduce crime unlike the police officers who are clearly all racist or facist. Clearly having police officers ( especially white ones ) in these minorty nieghborhoods is not the answer here. I would appreciate any and all opinions on how we can stop bad things from happening in these high crime neighborhoods.

It doesn't matter what race the cop is. It's the contempt they have for poor minorities and the sense of power and arrogance they carry. It's also the mutual fear between both groups. All it really takes is for the cops and minority communities to come together and have townhall-like meetings. That'll go a long way in making the neighborhoods safer.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Dari
Originally posted by: Drift3r

It doesn't matter what race the cop is. It's the contempt they have for poor minorities and the sense of power and arrogance they carry. It's also the mutual fear between both groups. All it really takes is for the cops and minority communities to come together and have townhall-like meetings. That'll go a long way in making the neighborhoods safer.

"They" is such a broad term, and I certainly wouldn't use it. You can't sterotype all cops as racist powertripping bastards.