Comment disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Twice I posted a comment to the main page headset article

Twice it disappeared, the second time as soon as I refreshed the page.

Soundmanred

Lifer
Oct 26, 2006
I can see them...
This?-
I can just say a couple things.

One is that year ago - I'm guessing about 10 - I got the Plantronics GamePro 1 headset.

It's great. I can't compare it technically to others, but it's light to wear - I wear it many hours a day, never discomfort - and sound is 'perfectly fine gaming sound' with good directional sound.

I hear (no pun intended) nothing but good things about the mic quality.

They're in the 'I'd be happy to get there again, what else do I want' area, though it's always tempting to look for some amazing sound quality.

Unfortunately, they're also no longer made - the only ones I found in a quick online search were on Amazon for $140, instead of the 'normal' $50 price. I assume there's a replacement?

The lesson from them I guess is that the light, more open style seems to be great to use.

The second thing is that I bought the World of Warcraft headset for $100 or more. Immediately on putting it on, it was sort of heavy and bulky, not that comfortable - naturally things that only get worse, and after wearing them briefly it's a relief to take them off. Unfortunately, the sound quality doesn't do anything to justify the discomfort; and I had nothing but complaints about the mic.

So, they're a $100 loss, worn an hour or two, lesson being the bigger, bulkier headsets have that discomfort issue, and I should have tried to find a way to test them first.

I wouldn't underrate comfort in picking a gaming headset - make it a requirement. You don't need to feel annoyed every time you use them.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Ditto. Not that we can help you with main site comments anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.