Coming to Christ has done much good for myself and family.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
congrats!

the rest of you people who are attacking this guy suck. he's just saying christ helped him and his family, and if you want to hear his story, pm him... what's so bad about that? grow up already, jeez.

Broohaha

Banned
Jan 4, 2001
this thread title beckons for a WICKED parody thread. but i wouldst get permabanned from ATOT and sent straight to hell.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: LordMagnusKain
Originally posted by: cpals
I agree with your basis, but posting this here is just going to cause flames... Also, why does your post look weird?

I am using MSword to spell check my posts, when I use the apostrophe mark it comes out funky apparently.

I've had a lot of good brought to me, the least I can do is tell others about it, but i am not going to stand in the middle of the street yelling... I don't do that IRL i'm not going to do that in this community, but Iâ??ll say what's occurred if anyone is interested, if not I will clean my clip board and move on :).

Download and install IEspell. It puts a Word spell checker right in your IE browser. Best of all, it's free.

BTW, it's cool that you found a belief that makes you happy. Just don't push it on other folks or you'll get flamed.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Broohaha
this thread title beckons for a WICKED parody thread. but i wouldst get permabanned from ATOT and sent straight to hell.

The weather and people are much better down here, you know.

May 10, 2001
Thanks for the program it'll help tremendously, in the StarWarsGalaxies forums i was having to save my word files in word pad then as an RTF so i could copy them over.

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
The second of the 'jay and silent bob' view-askew movies, coming right after 'clerks' and right before 'chasing amy' *but askewavirse chronologically first*

Kevin Smith, in his 'special thanks' category, lists God first at the end of all of his movies.. so the movie 'mall rats' is one of the many atrocities carried out in the name of God.

I did not think the movie was THAT bad, but it certainly was not 'clerks' level creativity.

Kevin Smith said he wrote Dogma as away of sharing his faith :)

well it was his first "big budget" film :)

have you seen j&sbsb? as a j&sb fan, i can honestly say that movie was pure heaven. i love how there were inside jokes *everywhere*... funny thing is people who hadn't even seen the previous movies still found it funny :p

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
I salute you for posting this here, but people are just going to flame you. Admitting to being a Christian and talking about it is almost forum suicide.

Yeah, folks around here will accept just about any sort of behaviour as long as you aren't in anyway religious.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Feldenak
I salute you for posting this here, but people are just going to flame you. Admitting to being a Christian and talking about it is almost forum suicide.

Yeah, folks around here will accept just about any sort of behaviour as long as you aren't in anyway religious.

Pretty much. People are tolerant around here as long as you aren't gay or a christian.

May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: gopunk
The second of the 'jay and silent bob' view-askew movies, coming right after 'clerks' and right before 'chasing amy' *but askewavirse chronologically first*

Kevin Smith, in his 'special thanks' category, lists God first at the end of all of his movies.. so the movie 'mall rats' is one of the many atrocities carried out in the name of God.

I did not think the movie was THAT bad, but it certainly was not 'clerks' level creativity.

have you seen j&sbsb? as a j&sb fan, i can honestly say that movie was pure heaven. i love how there were inside jokes *everywhere*... funny thing is people who hadn't even seen the previous movies still found it funny :p

Yea, i just got the DvD, i love that.. although i could have done without Jason Meuse's testicals...

we watch the movies in viewaskewical order every few months, i'm alwse catching another inside joke :)

I think everyone shoud see Dogma :)

Feldenak

Lifer
Jan 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Millennium

Pretty much. People are tolerant around here as long as you aren't gay or a christian.

Mil, I'm gonna have to get to B'ham and buy you a beer sometime. :beer:

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001

Yea, i just got the DvD, i love that.. although i could have done without Jason Meuse's testicals...

we watch the movies in viewaskewical order every few months, i'm alwse catching another inside joke :)

hmmm... i don't remember his testicles... i must have repressed that memory :p i love shannon elizabeth and those big, dorky, sexy sexy glasses. omg her character is so perfect and beautiful... :heart:

yea dogma is a great movie too :) i think mallrats is my fav, though i like them all. the dead guy in clerks was priceless.

May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Millennium

Mil, I'm gonna have to get to B'ham and buy you a beer sometime. :beer:

I remember back in the day... when NoWareMan posted.. about his dis-like of gay-marage... it turned into a flame war about star-trek i belive...

I'm sure people are generaly good 'round here... geeks is good people.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
I guess that, when life wasn't as good for you, it wasn't God's doing? That only good things are caused by him?
YARM - Yet Another Religious Moron.

May 10, 2001
I guess that, when life wasn't as good for you, it wasn't God's doing? That only good things are caused by him?

being as how you asked, it's quite clear to me that all things, good to me, evil to me, are allowed to exist and if it be through my own free will that i brought myself to it, or it be a test from God, or someone else's free will that i fall victim to circumstance: none if it is possible without God.

Lamentations 3
1 I am the man who has seen trouble by the rod of his wrath. 2 By him I have been made to go in the dark where there is no light. 3 Truly against me his hand has been turned again and again all the day. 4 My flesh and my skin have been used up by him and my bones broken. 5 He has put up a wall against me, shutting me in with bitter sorrow. 6 He has kept me in dark places, like those who have been long dead. 7 He has put a wall round me, so that I am not able to go out; he has made great the weight of my chain. 8 Even when I send up a cry for help, he keeps my prayer shut out. 9 He has put up a wall of cut stones about my ways, he has made my roads twisted. 10 He is like a bear waiting for me, like a lion in secret places. 11 By him my ways have been turned on one side and I have been pulled in bits; he has made me waste. 12 With his bow bent, he has made me the mark for his arrows. 13 He has let loose his arrows into the inmost parts of my body. 14 I have become the sport of all the peoples; I am their song all the day. 15 He has made my life nothing but pain, he has given me the bitter root in full measure. 16 By him my teeth have been broken with crushed stones, and I am bent low in the dust. 17 My soul is sent far away from peace, I have no more memory of good. 18 And I said, My strength is cut off, and my hope from the Lord. 19 Keep in mind my trouble and my wandering, the bitter root and the poison. 20 My soul still keeps the memory of them; and is bent down in me.

21 This I keep in mind, and because of this I have hope. 22 It is through the Lord's love that we have not come to destruction, because his mercies have no limit

hope that answers your question.

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
More proof that drugs are bad....... or that we need to expand the definition of insanity.

SHUX

May 10, 2001

hmmm... i don't remember his testicles... i must have repressed that memory :p i love shannon elizabeth and those big, dorky, sexy sexy glasses. omg her character is so perfect and beautiful... :heart:

yea dogma is a great movie too :) i think mallrats is my fav, though i like them all. the dead guy in clerks was priceless.

yes Sr, i actually just put in the bit about mall rats because i wanted to give a nod to anyone that might think i was lifting the line from Chris Rock in Dogma.

Vonkhan

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
badger badger badger
badger badger badger
badger badger badger
badger badger badger
badger badger badger
badger badger badger
badger badger badger
badger badger badger

badgerbadgerbadger.com

i cant stop singing and my leg wont stop tapping

where's ur god now? :p

Vonkhan

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
you've just got to realize it's a snake.

i like snakes, they're cool ... whats wrong with snakes

Oh

ok

nevermind
rolleye.gif

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
MagnusKain? Is that really you? But...but... your spelling - it's too good!

If it's really you, welcome back.

May 10, 2001
thanks! I've learned through my many many hours of collage work how to use both a spell checker and M-W.com at the same time to make sure that the majority of the time what i say makes sense.

I wish i knew the password for MagnusKain... *i have no idea why it's not duck like all my other passwords* or what e-mail i used for it.. but alas, I'm Lucky i can log in on this account :-(

does Russ still have a board and hardware sight he runs?

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Ugh.

I think I'm officially agnostic now.

Just a few years ago, I believed fully in God and Jesus and all that, primarily taught by my Dad.

I have quite a few problems with the whole thing now.

First and foremost, I refuse to believe that God is some pissed off motherfscker that punishes you if you do not believe in him and follow all of his rules. Absolutely disgusting. Why would God care if we believe in him or not? Why would that make him angry? If we're supposed to be his children that have fallen from grace, and this is our school.. then we merely have not learned yet. Life is all the punishment we need. A teacher does not punish a pupil when they do not grasp something.

2)... The Bible. Great. So I'm supposed to gain all my theistic knowledge from a 2,000 year old book that has been written and rewritten by God knows how many men(no pun intended)? I mean, the Bible is a great story book. It teaches history, values, lessons and morals, and there is nothing wrong with that. But it's going to take a little more than a 2,000 year old book of values, lessons and morals for me to believe that the Creator of all this wonderfulness is malicious. Further, it cannot be the word of God, unless God was incarnated 2,000 years ago and wrote it himself. It was written, translated and rewritten by Man. Period.

3) Organized religion. There are and have been dozens of religions. Which one is right? How do you know you've picked the right one? Why do they all try and control their people with fear? It is ironic that they all try to explain the origins of.. everything, which of course, has always been a hot topic amongst any people.

I guess I just don't have enough faith.

Well, I take that back. I have plenty of faith.. that we know a little more than we did 2,000 years ago. ;) We're understanding how more and more things in the world work now, and suddenly things start to fit into place without a mystical explination.

Of course, I'm totally open to their being a supreme being that created us. Assuming the universe is however many billions of years old.. What if some ancient, advanced, dying planet found Earth and sent a probe with some "primordial soup" here, so the legacy of their planet would continue on.. at least to them?

How is that for a God? Pretty depressing, huh? :p

:)

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
i still have this saved on my hard drive.

---

MagnusKain Translator 2003
AnandTech BBS Edition
release version 4.0
©1999-2003 2000wattspeaker/Pepsi90919, All Rights Reserved

For technical support, please contact greg@websiteofmayhem.com.

Original Message:

Lord magnus kain prince of Romania.

NoWareMan, and some debachel about a fake person who died.... yea, that's when i left;

I've scence learned out to use a spell checker, and maby my spelling has inproved... altho i doubt it, but you tell me this post is writen without the use of a spell checker. *(the rest will be spell checked)*

anyway, i just wanted to share my Faith, if you don't like it heck let's talk about it, make ac ounter point, but don't be ignorant to the fact of the Spirit of the Lord.

Suspected Translation:

LordMagnusKain, Prince of Romania.

NowhereMan, and some debacle about a fake person who died. Yeah, that's when I left.

I've since learned how to use a spell checker, and maybe my spelling has improved (although I doubt it.) But you tell me this post is written without the use of a spell checker (the rest will be spell checked.)

Anyway, I just wante dto share my faith, if you don't like it, heck let's talk about it, make a counter point, but don't be ignorant to the fact of the spirit of the lord.

---

i've been using it since 1999.

May 10, 2001
First and foremost, I refuse to believe that God is some pissed off motherfscker that punishes you if you do not believe in him and follow all of his rules

That's cool, I figure God just let's you make up your own mind about how 'close' to him you want to be, free will ya know, some call a distance from the Lord hell, but it's all about ware we want to be.

A teacher does not punish a pupil when they do not grasp something.
true man, it says in Romans that God will judge each man by his own heart.

It was written, translated and rewritten by Man. Period.
I thought that myself, t'll I looked up some 'bible contradictions' and found them, contrary to what I expected, not to contradict!

http://tektonics.org/ is a good place to get info from those who study the language.

But the rock is Jesus in his perfect teachings and life, faith in the bible as the word of God is just that, faith.

Which one is right? How do you know you've picked the right one? Why do they all try and control their people with fear?
the majority of protestant denominations believe in 'once saved always saved' that is, if you have ever come to Jesus with a humble heart you need not worry about 'going to hell' just how much of a transition heaven will be fore you.

Although if you go on a rape-and-murder spree one should question if he's honestly made Jesus Lord of his life :p

How is that for a God? Pretty depressing, huh?
The spark of creation, the origins of the big bang, Alpha to Omega, beginning and end, the I AM that does not ask AM I? Whatever you call God to be, learning of her intricacies only shows how much more stunning and awe-inspiring all of creation is.

Of course Solomon the wisest man ever, agrees with you:

Ecclesiastes 3

9 What does the worker gain from his toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on men. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. 13 That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil-this is the gift of God. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him.

15 Whatever is has already been,
and what will be has been before;
and God will call the past to account.

16 And I saw something else under the sun:

In the place of judgment-wickedness was there,
in the place of justice-wickedness was there.

17 I thought in my heart,

"God will bring to judgment
both the righteous and the wicked,
for there will be a time for every activity,
a time for every deed."

18 I also thought, "As for men, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals. 19 Man's fate is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath ; man has no advantage over the animal. Everything is meaningless.

In the end it does take faith, but my faith is bound up in the truth of the good of Jesus, the rest of it is peripheral.

thanks for the thoughts bro :)

May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Pepsi90919
i still have this saved on my hard drive.

---

MagnusKain Translator 2003
AnandTech BBS Edition
release version 4.0
?1999-2003 2000wattspeaker/Pepsi90919, All Rights Reserved

For technical support, please contact greg@websiteofmayhem.com.

Original Message:

Lord magnus kain prince of Romania.

NoWareMan, and some debachel about a fake person who died.... yea, that's when i left;

I've scence learned out to use a spell checker, and maby my spelling has inproved... altho i doubt it, but you tell me this post is writen without the use of a spell checker. *(the rest will be spell checked)*

anyway, i just wanted to share my Faith, if you don't like it heck let's talk about it, make ac ounter point, but don't be ignorant to the fact of the Spirit of the Lord.

Suspected Translation:

LordMagnusKain, Prince of Romania.

NowhereMan, and some debacle about a fake person who died. Yeah, that's when I left.

I've since learned how to use a spell checker, and maybe my spelling has improved (although I doubt it.) But you tell me this post is written without the use of a spell checker (the rest will be spell checked.)

Anyway, I just wante dto share my faith, if you don't like it, heck let's talk about it, make a counter point, but don't be ignorant to the fact of the spirit of the lord.

---

i've been using it since 1999.

LOL! awesome! :)

man i was pompous!