comic books

cheapgoose

Diamond Member
May 13, 2002
alright, so I haven't touched a comic book since 8th grade. recently I got my hands on some comic books that caught my eye. I remember wanting these when I was a kid but was never able to afford. i really wanna open them and read it but don't wanna damage it you know? I'm pretty clumsy. you should see the coffee stains on my books.

anyway, I'm so out of the loop, was hoping someone here can share some light on what these things are worth now adays.

I'm just gonna list the ones I actually want to read.

Spider-Man #1. Todd McFarlan. I remember meeting this guy over in SF, after his house was burnt down in the oakland hills. really cool guy, great artist.

Spider-Man #2, 5, 8, 10, 11, 18, 19, 22, 23. same artist.

the Max # 1-10, the publisher is Image

tks inadvance.

SViscusi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2000
Originally posted by: cheapgoose

anyway, I'm so out of the loop, was hoping someone here can share some light on what these things are worth now adays.
A few bucks at most. Most of those books were over printed so there was a crapload in circulation. Go over to Ebay and do a search for the books and see what their going for, maybe you might get lucky.

newbiepcuser

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2001
A few bucks at most. Most of those books were over printed so there was a crapload in circulation. Go over to Ebay and do a search for the books and see what their going for, maybe you might get lucky.

Thats the truth. I gave up. I was tired of buying this X-men comic book and then having to buy Jubilee's adventure just to finish the story. It was getting stupid.

spidey

Jul 17, 2002
Check out wizardworld.com or ebay for current prices, but I remember picking up the entire McFarlane run for about 30 bucks. Picked up the first issue of the Maxx for 3 or 4, so those should be fairly cheap, too.

cheapgoose

Diamond Member
May 13, 2002
cool. tks. now I wouldn't feel bad if i screw this up.

time to read some comics. man this brings back memories. :D

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
League of Extraordinary Gentleman.
By far one of the greatest series I've seen in a while.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
You should just take good care of them and wait 10 or 20 years. Then you might be surprised by what they're worth.

TwinkleToes77

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2002
My husband has been collecting comic books since he could read, literally. Hes got about 2000 + of them. He says hes never going to get rid of them.. oh yippy me.. they take up my closet space..

Yeah yeah i know that had nothing to do with the original question.. but thats my $.02