Comedian Raised $126k for Atheist Tornado Victim to Piss Off Christians

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 30, 2004
What, angry and pissed off that in 2013 there are still areas of the developed world whereby atheists are viewed with suspicion and hostility?

Funny that.

there are?
news to me

only thing worse than bigotted theist is an atheist cranky about the believers.

Last edited:

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
You can thank the militant "rid the world of religion" brand of atheism that has sprouted here recently for that.

You make it sound like they want to rid the world of religious people, when what they really want to do is educate them. Granted their methods may sometimes be suspect, but their hearts are in the right place. Funny how that doesn't work very well isn't it? ;)

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
You make it sound like they want to rid the world of religious people, when what they really want to do is educate them. Granted their methods may sometimes be suspect, but their hearts are in the right place. Funny how that doesn't work very well isn't it? ;)

Do you realize you're in a thread about an atheist looking to "piss Christians off"? Sure, that's how you win people over with education. :rolleyes:

Secondly, atheists seem primarily concerned with suing the Government and trolling Government property to ensure no one utters "God" on Government premises under thread of facing a lawsuit.

If their hearts are in the "right place", they sure do a heck of a job showing it.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
/scratches head
Why would Christians be pissed at someone else's good fortune? How much bitterness does one person have to have to think so?

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
Secondly, atheists seem primarily concerned with suing the Government and trolling Government property to ensure no one utters "God" on Government premises under thread of facing a lawsuit.

If their hearts are in the "right place", they sure do a heck of a job showing it.

lolwut

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
only thing worse than bigotted theist is an atheist cranky about the believers.

Yeah, they're definitely worse than suicide bombers and the systematic coverup of decades of child abuse at the hands of the Catholic church.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
Do you realize you're in a thread about an atheist looking to "piss Christians off"? Sure, that's how you win people over with education. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the US.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Welcome to the US.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

Believe it or not, I generally agree with their separation stance, but I don't agree in the slightest that they simply want to "educate people".

I think a minority of atheists do, but I don't think that's a universal concern.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Atheists like him are a dime a dozen. So many just come off as extremely angry and pissed off people.

I posted over 2 years ago about walking in the local downtown skywalks on a Sunday morning in the Winter (popular trend for the exercise during Winter time), and where usually very few others are out on a Sunday morning in the skywalks, that Sunday people were everywhere. Almost all adults with children all dressed up like it was Easter Sunday. Everyone we passed smiled, said hello, kids were polite almost as if some 1950's THE PERFECT FAMILY photo.

I thought all these extremely well dressed families must be either some republican gathering or religious convention in town.
Later I read this was the weekend for the Atheist convention.
I've been around republican conventions, religious conventions, charity conventions, but never had I seen so many extremely polite and well dressed families with children that could have been the original Stepford Wives citizens.

So, so much for that angry Atheist stereotype. If this is how well behaved kids act when out with the politest parents I have ever seen, then take note religious right fundies...
Take a lesson from what respectful, polite families look ad dress like when out in public.
These kids were neither red eyed nor spewing green pea soup.
No one appeared demon possessed.
And the patents. Everyone should come from such well respectable families.
Easter outfits and all....

PS. What always seemed so weird to me when these national weather tragedies occurred, and some news crew interviewed the survivors, was how those survivors thanked the heavens above for saving them from personal tragedy, then acted like those neighbors that died were somehow not worthy. Yeah my prayers were answered, but my neighbors all died.
WTF is up with that attitude?
So lame...

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009

Do you need to read my post again? I bolded the parts that make it obvious that yes, indeed, I do realize that: