Comcast trying to block paid sick leave law

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
I think it comes down to exempt vs non exempt employees to a degree.

However even though I am exempt I still accrue vacation and PTO/sick at the same rate hourly non exempt employees do, but as I understand labor law this is a benefit where I work and not a legal requirement.

PTO and Sick time are also lumped in where I work. the basis for this is not forcing employees to be dishonest when they use the hours for personal time vs actually being ill.

We dont care if your sick or just want to fuck off for the day they are your accrued hours do with what you please. This is separate from vacation which requires notice and manager approval.

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
I think it comes down to exempt vs non exempt employees to a degree.

However even though I am exempt I still accrue vacation and PTO/sick at the same rate hourly non exempt employees do, but as I understand labor law this is a benefit where I work and not a legal requirement.

PTO and Sick time are also lumped in where I work. the basis for this is not forcing employees to be dishonest when they use the hours for personal time vs actually being ill.

We dont care if your sick or just want to fuck off for the day they are your accrued hours do with what you please. This is separate from vacation which requires notice and manager approval.

Our hourly and salaried people get the same amount of sick time but our salaried people jump up the vacation accrual tiers more quickly.