Comcast "Dating On Demand"

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
So I just discovered there's a "Local On Demand" channel on Comcast Digital Cable, and one of the content items is "Dating on Demand" with local singles. You pick a gender and an age group and they have 6-8 profiles at any time. I can sum it up in three words. Comedy. Fvcking. Gold!!! Its just like any other online profile site, except you can see, hear and feel the "awkward" in these people! See them squirm. Hear them stutter. Watch them blink or stare at the floor when they lie. Smell the cheesy!

I don't know how these people had the guts to sit in front of the camera and record these testimonials. The worst part is, they don't just record it from the comfort of their own home on a webcam. No, they actually have to go to the local Comcast office/studio! Who the hell goes there anyways, or even knows where it is? People who pay their bills in person?

edit: YES! Found a link!

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
I've seen that for awhile, very entertaining to me. Look for Video Personals in the Singles Life section too, found inside the The Cutting Edge section. :)

Same thing with the car ads & pet adoption they have.

MazerRackham

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2002
Hey some of the SF girls aren't that bad looking! :) It's kinda sad that anyone on earth can see their personal ads though... but I guess it's just like match.com or something.

mooglemania85

Diamond Member
May 3, 2007
meh, no different concept than online dating sites. Kudos to Comcast for trying to squeeze out every last $ from its customers. "Dating on Demand" is a hilarious name for the service.

caivoma

Sep 3, 2004
I take a look on one of the feature profile on that link and it was pretty bad. The guy was really uncomfortable and it was kinda sad. I actually feel sorry for the dude.

TuxDave

Lifer
Oct 8, 2002
Woman/SanFrancisco

Username: ImAwesome
Description: "I love nerds. Quirky nerds."
Region: SanFrancisco

MINE!!! Hands off! :heart::heart:

mrrman

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2004
this is a good idea IMO...just another avenue to meet people as its hard now adays to get hooked up

Fourier Transform

May 24, 2007
Out of sheer boredom and purely in the interests of science, I watched a few of the female profiles. This thing is such a damn joke.

Every video said the following:
- Good personality: WTF is a good personality? It obviously varies from person to person, but let's completely ignore that point and not mention specifics. Let's be as vague as possible when trying to find "the one".
- Sense of humor: What type of humor? Want someone that thinks farting is funny or someone who finds Seinfeld funny? There are a ton of different types of humor.
- Good looking/hot/handsome: I'm not even going to bother with this one...
- Someone I can go out and have fun with: No shit. Thank you captain obvious. I thought wanting to be bored was the norm.

It's obvious that these people are dishing out textbook answers. What a joke.

Edit: I'll watch some male profiles later and comment.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
I have better things to do with my life, not to mention it takes like 5 minutes to get back to each profile. ;)

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
If you see the link on that site to the dude with his shirt off, it's friggin hilarious. He's wasted off his ass.

James Bond

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2005
I saw that a few years ago and got a laugh. I tried to find it again recently to show people, but i couldn't find it :(

Lash444

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2002
I think someone from this site should get on there... and wear a shirt, or flash a sign to let us know who you are... I think that would be funny as hell

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
When I discovered the channel, I watched it and had a good laugh. Then I forgot it existed. It's pretty sad though, and I can't imagine how desperate i'd have to be to think that was a good idea.