Combat in Iraq continues.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Link: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/09/15/100609/end-of-combat-mission.html

Why does Obama's dipshit ass expect people to believe the BS he says?

Not only does the cost of the Iraq War go up under Obama, combat ops still continue also. Obama's one of the most pro-war, left wing pro-militarist President we've ever had.

I'm pro-citizens' militia/right wing anti-militarist and here I've got the most far left corporatist pro-FBI Authoritarian pro-militarist pro-war anti-rebellion President there ever was.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Link: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/09/15/100609/end-of-combat-mission.html

Why does Obama's dipshit ass expect people to believe the BS he says?

Not only does the cost of the Iraq War go up under Obama, combat ops still continue also. Obama's one of the most pro-war, left wing pro-militarist President we've ever had.

I'm pro-citizens' militia/right wing anti-militarist and here I've got the most far left corporatist pro-FBI Authoritarian pro-militarist pro-war anti-rebellion President there ever was.

anti-rebellion? buhahaaha. wtf are you on?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
anti-rebellion? buhahaaha. wtf are you on?

I agree. He's not "anti-rebellion". He's pretty much the rest of it, but that's OK I suppose. He's just like Bush, and I recall how much you approved of him.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
no i honestly think obama and every other president (especially Lincoln!) are "anti rebellion". well except Washington.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
no i honestly think obama and every other president (especially Lincoln!) are "anti rebellion". well except Washington.

That depends on the context. The primary purpose of any government is to keep itself in power. Governments standing aside to let another take over is virtually unheard of and to be expected.

Now if you mean it in the sense that they tend to be intolerant of anything which is not of their own agenda I'd agree.

The only hope I had for change was that Obama would reverse Bush's stance on Gitmo mentality. Instead he's just moving things, and has shown complete reluctance in investigating the prior 8 years of military misadventures. Instead, he and the Dems have shown acceptance by mere hand waving.

Since my expectations of him were low, I shouldn't have been disappointed, but I was.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

tinker2141

Previously Banned Chickenshit Jackass
Sep 10, 2010
That depends on the context. The primary purpose of any government is to keep itself in power. Governments standing aside to let another take over is virtually unheard of and to be expected.

Now if you mean it in the sense that they tend to be intolerant of anything which is not of their own agenda I'd agree.

The only hope I had for change was that Obama would reverse Bush's stance on Gitmo mentality. Instead he's just moving things, and has shown complete reluctance in investigating the prior 8 years of military misadventures. Instead, he and the Dems have shown acceptance by mere hand waving.

Since my expectations of him were low, I shouldn't have been disappointed, but I was.

Thanks I dont have to type it now. I agree though.:thumbsup:

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

He's everything I feared he might be and more. I honestly believe that any random person off the street could have done a better job. The man only has two answers, and he uses them both on every problem.
We desperately need a leader, and it's the one thing we haven't had for many years.

iGas

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2009
Exactly what I expected of Obama. I had more confident in Obama than most people, and realized that a complete pull out of Iraq is not possible when Obama announced it.

Bush & Co. royally f__k up Iraq and Afghanistan and now people expects Obama to completely clean up the 8~10 years mess in 2 years.

I expected more out of Obama, but he caved in due to public demand of a complete withdraw in an unattainable time frame. At, least he didn't pull a Johnson and pour more troops into Iraq. And, it is plausible that Obama is just as good as a lier as Nixon but he did pull majority of the troops out instead of ramping up the air campaign and bombs the shit out of Iraq and its neighbors.

IMHO, it is easy to be an armchair general in your own living room, but navigating the political landscape and exercise warfare logistic & foreign policies is a lot harder than anyone of us can fathom.

It is not wrong to criticize your government to keep them inline but keep in mind that you are the peons that elected them in the first place.

PS. Don't tell me that you didn't vote for Obama, because your beloved Bush & Dick or McCain & Palin aren't capable of doing a better job.

Last edited:

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

Exactly. Obama's job is to protect, enable and entrench the power elite, nothing more nothing less. You don't get 1 billion from selling $25 t-shirts ask Ron Paul or Ralf Nader.. And you don't win w/o a billion and TPTB behind you. Simple as that. All should have known like Zebo said months before election: BlackBush. <Google it>

Last edited:

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Obama is impressive, he has kept Guantanamo Bay open (or will simply "relocate" the prisoners to a similar facility) and continues many of the Bush era policies in regards to national security (most of which I agree with), yet he wins The Nobel Prize and the international community has stopped complaining.

I have to admit, the guy can play the world and I applaud him for being able to pull it off. He is performing much better in regards to national security than I initially imagined.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
PS. Don't tell me that you didn't vote for Obama, because your beloved Bush & Dick or McCain & Palin aren't capable of doing a better job.

For the first time I passed on a Presidential election. Neither one deserved my vote, and more than that both parties have come to see themselves as more important than the nation, rendering democracy a sham.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Obama is impressive, he has kept Guantanamo Bay open (or will simply "relocate" the prisoners to a similar facility) and continues many of the Bush era policies in regards to national security (most of which I agree with), yet he wins The Nobel Prize and the international community has stopped complaining.

I have to admit, the guy can play the world and I applaud him for being able to pull it off.

Note that the (IMO) deserved vitriol still gets hurled towards Bush, but when the same policies are continued or the pointed lack of interest in what happened are mentioned there is this deafening silence of like criticism?

I'm not surprised.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Note that the (IMO) deserved vitriol still gets hurled towards Bush, but when the same policies are continued or the pointed lack of interest in what happened are mentioned there is this deafening silence of like criticism?

I'm not surprised.

Nor am I. We knew it would happen. Party Over Principle. The boss is the same and so are the employees.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Exactly what I expected of Obama. I had more confident in Obama than most people, and realized that a complete pull out of Iraq is not possible when Obama announced it.

Bush & Co. royally f__k up Iraq and Afghanistan and now people expects Obama to completely clean up the 8~10 years mess in 2 years.

I expected more out of Obama, but he caved in due to public demand of a complete withdraw in an unattainable time frame. At, least he didn't pull a Johnson and pour more troops into Iraq. And, it is plausible that Obama is just as good as a lier as Nixon but he did pull majority of the troops out instead of ramping up the air campaign and bombs the shit out of Iraq and its neighbors.

IMHO, it is easy to be an armchair general in your own living room, but navigating the political landscape and exercise warfare logistic & foreign policies is a lot harder than anyone of us can fathom.

It is not wrong to criticize your government to keep them inline but keep in mind that you are the peons that elected them in the first place.

I knew before he was elected that he was pro-Iraq War, but he doesn't need to lie about it, he just needs to admit that he wanted combat to continue.

I saw his pro-Iraq War voting record before he was elected, and I always knew that he was a moderate on pulling out ("moderate" meaning he was really against a complete withdrawal). Once he had been in office for 6 month letting the war continue on, I knew it was going to continue throughout his Presidency.

He actually supports the occupation of Iraq more than many Republicans do, and that's really shitty.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Obama never said that our troops would not fight at all in Iraq. He specifcally said that our troops would drop down to 50,000 until next year when all of them would leave permamently. Unless the Iraqi governement requested for a few hundred. He also said that the remaining troops would still assist Iraq troops, but there is no more US led offensives in Iraq and the lead will be by Iraq security. So you are huffing total slop with as usual, par for the course, zero facts. Would like me to post the whole damn speech or can you google and read on your own.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Also the peak cost of the war and troop levels was in 2007, before dude was even elected to President.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002

I'm not surprised.

Funny how that works

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
50K troops are not needed except for combat.

That is more than we have in SK (combat alert) or Germany (training/combat ready)