Colorful's PC motherboard teases Intel Skylake chipset, integrated GTX 1070

sam_816

Aug 9, 2014
New PC motherboard teases Intel Skylake chipset, integrated GTX 1070

http://www.extremetech.com/computin...ses-intel-skylake-chipset-integrated-gtx-1070

B150-Colorful-Full.jpg

Will you buy such a product?

sent from Nokia Lumia 1520 using tapatalk

Last edited:

littleg

Jul 9, 2015
SODIMM slots indicate it's for a laptop, no? Would make for a kickass desktop replacement / gaming laptop. Run off the IGP on the move and plug in for decent gaming performance when available.

sam_816

Aug 9, 2014
It looks like a barebone pc kinda deal to me. But shouldn't that cpu should hv an integrated chip as well?

sent from Nokia Lumia 1520 using tapatalk

Flapdrol1337

Golden Member
May 21, 2014
SODIMM slots indicate it's for a laptop, no? Would make for a kickass desktop replacement / gaming laptop. Run off the IGP on the move and plug in for decent gaming performance when available.
Nah, plenty of mini-ITX boards have that kind of ram. Just means they're trying to make it smaller.

iiiankiii

Apr 4, 2008
That's a pretty hard sell. Where are you going to find that custom mount heatsink for that gtx 1070? Where are you going to find a case for it? This only makes sense for OEM builders because they can make those custom parts for their custom case.

Sweepr

Diamond Member
May 12, 2006
Interesting concept, hope it comes to market. Would be perfect for console-sized PCs, like Steam Machines.

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
That's a pretty hard sell. Where are you going to find that custom mount heatsink for that gtx 1070? Where are you going to find a case for it? This only makes sense for OEM builders because they can make those custom parts for their custom case.

I dont think it would be sold as standalone board ;)

sam_816

Aug 9, 2014

I think left hand side will be with factory fitted heatsink/cooler combo while components on the right can be changed or bought in different combinations.

I don't think it'll b a hard sell. It'll be smaller than corsair's bulldog systems & if the engineers manage to design thin cooler it will be smaller than most steam boxes..

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
It's a great start. This leads to some interesting ideas that could be possible in the future

littleg

Jul 9, 2015
Not sure about that like. Look at the ports on the right hand side and they look vertically stacked with quite a high rise which you wouldn't expect in a laptop (top right corner and a little way up from bottom right). The power connector at the top left also doesn't look much like a laptop variant and is pretty tall too.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
It would be convenient to just replace the whole board for your upgrade every couple years, but with how long CPU's last these days, for me something like this product wouldn't work. A CPU these days could easily see 3 GPU generations installed if not more.

StrangerGuy

Diamond Member
May 9, 2004
Good point.

Yeah, probably a fat notebook then.

Since when laptop mobos even have desktop sized USB back headers?

Such a mobo is unlikely to be size competitive with a Steambox with standardized parts with far less flexibility anyway.

Deders

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2012
Maybe an board for an all in one monitor, instead of packing a full card in there?

Flapdrol1337

Golden Member
May 21, 2014
Since when laptop mobos even have desktop sized USB back headers?

Such a mobo is unlikely to be size competitive with a Steambox with standardized parts with far less flexibility anyway.

Is it desktop sized?

The camera angle makes them look tall, but I think they're only 2 usb ports on top of eachother. My own notebook has that on the back.

Gikaseixas

Platinum Member
Jul 1, 2004
it's certainly a prototype for some tests. It could be a newer design for slimmer gaming laptops

MrTeal

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
It's be a pretty weird connector layout for a laptop, even a DTR one. I've never seen a laptop motherboard with a front panel USB connector. It's also a decently big board; a quick pixel measure from the 75mm hole spacing for the CPU gives a 261 mm x 172 mm board.

I'd guess it's just a board that is a prototype, that's planned for an embedded or all in one PC.