Color Printer suggestions-High Volume Business

robertw4772

Jun 20, 2009
My business prints packets for customer orders daily. They are updated color sheets two sided approx 200-300 double sided pages per day. Previously we used Phaser 860 printers and now use the phaser 8550. We cant find any more 860s used and ours are completely broken. Even using generic ink blocks for the phaser we are using plenty of ink and maint drums. Is there any other solution to get the job done for less? Most of these pages have pretty good ink coverage. This material cannot be printed by a commercial printer as the daily inventories of images are actually adjusted daily. I appreciate any suggestions.

Rob

Athena

Golden Member
Apr 9, 2001
I don't know that there is a cheaper solution for that volume of color printing. My clients all like the Solid Ink Phasers so much that I bought one myself.

Check your private messages.

Rottie

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2002
300 to 400 pages a day i think you can look into Xerox color printer?

somethingsketchy

Golden Member
Nov 25, 2008
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc...77-3328071-409994.html

Another intern and I recently installed one of these for my work's Business Office (that has approximately 30+ staff and prints thousands of pages a month). From what I have noticed so far with the test prints, the quality was good. Then again we're not printing photo quality prints (if that's relevant). Most of the colored prints are for graphs of financial reports for different departments within the state. We currently have 4 trays (2 additional trays purchased along with printer) installed for different purposes (legal letter-sized, envelope, etc).

Hope that helps.