Color calibration

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
Are there any websites or free programs to do decent color calibration? Last night I tried using nVidia's tool and then later Adobe Gamma, and both have made my monitor look like total ass. There is no way it's correct. And now I can't get back to what I started with. :(

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
Guess I'll have to try out that QuickGamma program. I messed around some earlier today and got the monitor to what looks to be close to what I had before. Problem is now none of the calibration images look right. I know my monitor isn't that far off from normal because Windows looks the same as every other computer I've used it on. When I calibrate it "correctly" it looks damn strange.

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
Bah, it's still all screwed up. QuickGamma didn't really help either. Any ideas? When I set it "correctly" everything just looks completely blown out so I know it isn't right.

Well I seem to have gotten it somewhat back to normal just by screwing around with the settings until it looked right. Too bad there isn't a scientific way to do it that works.

Jun 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Sukhoi
Are there any websites or free programs to do decent color calibration? Last night I tried using nVidia's tool and then later Adobe Gamma, and both have made my monitor look like total ass. There is no way it's correct. And now I can't get back to what I started with. :(

i used the nvidia one on my MBP, well i tried untill i realised i had no physical controls on the monitor lol damn laptops!

my MBP screen does look like ASS in Xp though, its very washed out.