Color calibration/management options

Bullhonkie

Golden Member
Sep 28, 2001
What do people here use as far as color management and profiling (if any)? I'm thinking of picking up a color calibration package along the lines of the ColorVision Spyder 2 Pro (on sale right now from Adorama) or Xrite Monaco Optix XR.

Does anyone have experience with how effective these two are as far as calibrating displays, or something else you'd like to recommend?

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
I also use an Eye One Display 2, though I bought mine back when Gretag Macbeth sold them (now X-rite owns GMB). My only complaint is that I didn't get the Eye One device that calibrates printers as well, but it costs almost $1000.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
If you just want to calibrate your monitor and nothing else,you can save some money by buying a Colorvision Spyder2Express,infact I'm using one at the moment and it does a very good job,you'll be hard pressed to find anything better for the price.

Bullhonkie

Golden Member
Sep 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Mem
If you just want to calibrate your monitor and nothing else,you can save some money by buying a Colorvision Spyder2Express,infact I'm using one at the moment and it does a very good job,you'll be hard pressed to find anything better for the price.

Thanks, I just ordered one from Amazon. That's much cheaper for my needs (just display calibration). Doesn't appear to support multiple displays out of the box but it looks like you can work around that fairly easily with Microsoft's display profile utility. The 30" Dell LCD doesn't have much in terms of adjustment options (only brightness) so something simple like this should do the trick.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I bought a ColorVision Syder2Pro from Amazon for $185. I just got it so the verdict is still pending.