RadioHead84

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2004
Ok here is the thing. I am currently going to be a junior next year at a local state school with about 6000 people in the middle of no where. I already transfered once because the school I was going to was TOTAL crap and I only went there because of my bad grades in highschool. Now i have a 3.43 which used to be a 3.68 before calc.

I have already transfered once and I really feel like i dont belong here. I have friends and i have a good time but i keep visiting my friends in other colleges like drexel and such and i feel like i am missing so much. My parents just bought a house at my college for me to live in becuase of how good the market is and its the best way to save money but now i dont even know if i want to stay here.

I am reading a lot about pitt and one of my friends wants to transfer there too. Should I transfer again or is two times too much. And what would i say to my parents about it...they just bought a house for me to live in. I am sure they can find another guy to rent it..its on campus..but still thats a hassle.

I would also need to get into pitt. I have all As pretty much except for calc which i got a D in. I am going to retake it and prob get an A but do you think I could get into it?

I know this is a ramble post. My bad.

Cliff.
1)Transfred once already
2)Middle of no where
3)Should I transfer again?

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
i don't think it would be fair to your parents to transfer again. you really should talk to them first.

desk

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2004
well, it may depend on your major. but your gpa/qca seems to be pretty good, so i think you would have a fair shot.

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003
You're 3 years in and not working on a major?

Transferring again will not look good to any college you apply to, so be ready to explain yourself. As long as they aren't itching for new students you will need competitive grades and achievements to transfer again.

RadioHead84

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2004
i talked to my mom about my angst and she said I could but i dont know if she was just saying that or she actually ment it. I say nothing about pitt.

RadioHead84

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2004
Originally posted by: chrisms

Transferring again will not look good to any college you apply to, so be ready to explain yourself. As long as they aren't itching for new students you will need competitive grades and achievements to transfer again.

No, I have a major.

mdchesne

Banned
Feb 27, 2005
people transfer for one of two reasons: 1) graduate school; and 2) failing/lack fo funds

other than that... "suck it up and take it" :)

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003
Originally posted by: RadioHead84

No, I have a major.

I assume that transferring 300 and 400 level classes will be a bitch. Why not just finish up where you're at and go to graduate school somewhere else. Chances are after all the crap is done with, you'll have to waste the amount of time it would've taken to get a masters anyway.

RadioHead84

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2004
err thats not so true. My brother had the chance to go to a better school then he went to. But he didnt becuase he liked the setting better. if you like where you live you will do better...thats just a fact. Heck..My dad transfered once as well and he was at a fine college.

ANd if its the education pitt DEFF has a better program.

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
i talked to my mom about my angst and she said I could but i dont know if she was just saying that or she actually ment it. I say nothing about pitt.

Sh!t, if mommy and daddy want to buy you another house to live in when you transfer, what's the problem?

desk

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2004

No, I have a major.

I assume that transferring 300 and 400 level classes will be a bitch. Why not just finish up where you're at and go to graduate school somewhere else. Chances are after all the crap is done with, you'll have to waste the amount of time it would've taken to get a masters anyway.

thats true. my friend transferred from wvu to vt in his junior year. he got set back by about a semester because they didn't accept all his classes.

RadioHead84

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2004
Originally posted by: slick230

Sh!t, if mommy and daddy want to buy you another house to live in when you transfer, what's the problem?

Because they wont? They bought the house here for them just as much as me. They had extra money the needed to invest with. The market is great so they thought why not...they will deff make money in the end.

chrisms

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2003

Because they wont? They bought the house here for them just as much as me. They had extra money the needed to invest with. The market is great so they thought why not...they will deff make money in the end.

They bought the house as an investment+free college housing for their kid. If you transfer not only will your tuition be higher (as you'll be in college for a longer time), but they will also have to pay your hundreds of dollars worth of monthly housing bills.

RadioHead84

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2004

They bought the house as an investment+free college housing for their kid. If you transfer not only will your tuition be higher (as you'll be in college for a longer time), but they will also have to pay your hundreds of dollars worth of monthly housing bills.

I was paying half of the housing myself. So really only half of the housing bills. And if i were to transfer then they could rent it to antoher person...effectivly covering for my living space.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Stop being so angsty and tough it out. Then find a job elsewhere