College girl and 1st grader discussing heavy politics..

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Kevin: Why do people make fun of the president all the time?
Me: What? Wow. Well, because some people don't agree with the things he does.
Kevin: So then how come we all made him our president?
Me: What? Well, see Kevbo, not everyone, um ... voted for him, see. In a government, um ... the way people become leaders is not because everyone likes them, it's because ... um, more people like them than they do the other candidates -- those are dudes who want to be leaders too. So, just because a person is in the government doesn't mean everything he or she does is right, or that everyone thinks it's cool. (I'm sweating bullets by this time.)
Kevin: But Stephen is our class president, and everyone likes him.
Me: Aw man, I met Stephen! He's cool!
Kevin: He has the highest score in kickball.
Me: Aw man, kickball was the coolest recess game ever!
Kevin: I'm a democrat.
Me: What? Gee, well, how do you figure?
Kevin: Because Mike is a Reportikan and he ate glue once. I saw him.
Me: (futilely holding in my laughter) A Reportikan, huh? Well, Kevbo, you can't just be something because you don't want to be in the same category as someone else who eats glue. You have to be something based on what you believe in.
Kevin: I believe in not eating glue.

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Syringer
Kevin: Why do people make fun of the president all the time?
Me: What? Wow. Well, because some people don't agree with the things he does.
Kevin: So then how come we all made him our president?
Me: What? Well, see Kevbo, not everyone, um ... voted for him, see. In a government, um ... the way people become leaders is not because everyone likes them, it's because ... um, more people like them than they do the other candidates -- those are dudes who want to be leaders too. So, just because a person is in the government doesn't mean everything he or she does is right, or that everyone thinks it's cool. (I'm sweating bullets by this time.)
Kevin: But Stephen is our class president, and everyone likes him.
Me: Aw man, I met Stephen! He's cool!
Kevin: He has the highest score in kickball.
Me: Aw man, kickball was the coolest recess game ever!
Kevin: I'm a democrat.
Me: What? Gee, well, how do you figure?
Kevin: Because Mike is a Reportikan and he ate glue once. I saw him.
Me: (futilely holding in my laughter) A Reportikan, huh? Well, Kevbo, you can't just be something because you don't want to be in the same category as someone else who eats glue. You have to be something based on what you believe in.
Kevin: I believe in not eating glue.

Who's the girl? You?