Coldstone

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcnerd37

Sep 20, 2004
I used to love Coldstone until they got rid of their Vanilla bean ice cream and replaced it with cheesecake. I like the cheesecake, but not as much.

TheTony

Golden Member
Jun 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Fritzo
I hate that place. It's like they try to hide mediocre soft serve ice cream by rolling it around on a counter covered in candy scraps.

Poor.

I'm into ma&pa shops that make their own icecream. Handel's is probably my favorite of all time. With their vanilla, you can actually smell the vanilla on someone's breath after they eat it :) They have like 40 flavors all made on site. Awesome place.

Toft's is very good too. They just recently started selling in stores around the US: http://www.toftdairy.com/

Coldstone isn't soft serve.

It's ok but definitely not my favorite. I have to agree with the local suggestion - many of them are as good or better than the chain places. You tend to get some more interesting flavors, fresher ingredients and better service.

Locally, my favorites are Grandpa's Ice Cream and Sebastian Joe's.