• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Cold sores suck!

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
I started getting one blister on the lower lip, right side, last Sunday. I got a second one, closer to the center of my bottom lip (as opposed to the middle one? :Q), on Wednesday or so. Now I'm getting one (just in the last twelve hours or so) right in the middle of my bottom lip.

*sigh* Damn viruses.

Cheers!
Nate

cmdavid

Diamond Member
May 23, 2001
if you can feel the cold sore forming.. you know, that itching sensation before it actually forms? anyways, if you rub some bleach on it before it forms it usually prevents it from forming... and yes, they do suck...

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: sandmanwake
It's not genetics, it's a virus. Please don't suck with cold sores.
I know that it's a virus, what I meant is that I got the disease from my mother, it's been in the family for a few generations. I apologize for the incorrect usage of the word.

Cheers!
Nate

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: cmdavid
if you can feel the cold sore forming.. you know, that itching sensation before it actually forms? anyways, if you rub some bleach on it before it forms it usually prevents it from forming... and yes, they do suck...
How does Snoop Dogg clean his clothes?

With BLEEE-AACH!

I didn't know about that. I should try it.

Cheers!
Nate

StormRider

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Orsorum
I know that it's a virus, what I meant is that I got the disease from my mother, it's been in the family for a few generations. I apologize for the incorrect usage of the word.

Cheers!
Nate
:Q

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: StormRider

Cheers!
Nate
:eek: At least she's not pregnant.

Oh, and I never knew this, but if I ever perform oral sex, I run the risk of infecting that woman.

Dammit.

Cheers!
Nate

SaigonK

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
www.robertrivas.com
There is a new lotion that helps cure them in like a 1/4 of the regular time, Aleve, i think thats what it is called. like $17 for a small 1/2 ounce tube. :)
But it works like a champ, kills the tingling and the itching sensation!

gypsyman

Jan 14, 2001
Denavir aka penciclovir cream 1%. True antiviral prescription that works well. Topical or pills.

TuxDave

Lifer
Oct 8, 2002
My doctor recommended taking vitamin b-2... didn't say why. I just took that and some random Chinese herbs and it went away in a day.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: StormRider

Cheers!
Nate
:eek: At least she's not pregnant.

Oh, and I never knew this, but if I ever perform oral sex, I run the risk of infecting that woman.

Dammit.

Cheers!
Nate
Make a shrink wrap condom.

ASK THE COMMUNITY